Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's up with Gold Tip Nocks???

Old 09-26-2007, 10:49 AM

Default RE: What's up with Gold Tip Nocks???

This is what I was told by both the cabelas and Bass Pro shops in St. Louis, Mo. three weeks ago.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

LittleChief, are you positive you are not busting them grouping arrows and not noticing?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wouldn't be the first company to go out of country for cheaper labor. Disappointing.[&:] Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Gold tips and their products are now being made in Mexico with less quality control on the product.
Odd.... I got some GT XT's back in July and they're quite a bit better than the ones I had several years ago. I thought that all foreign made products had to bear a mark showing country of origin. There is nothing on the packaging or shafts to show they're made in Mexico. Are you sure about this, RHanbaum?
Well, Arthur...
I don't know where GT makes their stuff, but I'll say one thing for the Pro Hunter 7595's I'm shooting: They are fantastic. My practice arrows are all scuffed up and have punched a lot of holes in my fence (no, I didn't miss the target... they went through it) and they still spin true and shoot perfect. I don't care what anyone says about the arrows. They're top notch.
Looks like the nocks are a different story. Maybe they're made in China and distributed by Mattel???

Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

LittleChief, are you positive you are not busting them grouping arrows and not noticing?
Rob,
Positive. I stopped shooting groups a long time ago.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RHanbaum

Gold tips and their products are now being made in Mexico with less quality control on the product.
THIS IS A FACT AND ALOT OF PEOPLEI KNOW THAT DID USEG.T.ARE NOT NOW.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I have literally a good 40,000 shots on goldtip nocks now and did have one problem with one letting go.......it was cracked though before I shot it.

ORIGINAL: RHanbaum

This is really only a half truth. The carbon tube rolling portion of the manufacturing process is now being done in Mexico to help keep the arrows at a reasonable cost for the consumer, however the weight sorting, quality assurance, labeling, fletching, and components are made and done in Utah at their headquarters. Less quality control is NOT accurate at all, the quality control process of sorting etc is all done exactly the same as it was before.......so this is not true or accurate. One thing that a lot of people do not consider is that 90% of all arrow manufacturershave a piece of this processout of the USA.......and this has very little to do with the quality of the arrows. What is more important than manufacturing location(especially with pure carbon shafts) is being able to secure the best raw materials, which takes a lot of $$$$ and a large company. Goldtip is securing and using the very best raw materials available right now for pure carbon shafts, much better than most of the pure carbon shafts on the market. They are able to do this and use the best materials and still be competitive on price offering a great shaft for the money because the rolling process is being done elsewhere. They could always scrimp and use a lower grade raw material and US labor to create a lesser product at the same price..........but they choose to offer the best shafts available for a decent price.

I have personally owned a good 10 dozen goldtips frombefore the tube rolling process was relocated in Mexico, as well as about 7 dozen after. The quality of the arrows hasn't changed. Out of the last 3 dozen arrows I have gotten from goldtip all but one arrow showed less than a 1 grain spread on weight tolerance (almost unheard of) and all of them spun well enough for me to consider putting a fixed blade head on. I have never seen a goldtip nock that didn't spin true as well and their inserts and points are always true as well and have much better weight tolerances than I have seen anywhere. Goldtip also won more national titles than any other all carbon shaft in the 2007 3D season as well.........guess their products must not suck that bad. [8D]
Old 09-26-2007, 12:01 PM

Rick Thanks for the info. The info that I received was from reps at BP and Cabelas in St. Louis, Mo. I have shot GT's now for almost ten years. Glad to get the positive feedback. Appreciate it!!!! Thanks, Rodney
Old 09-26-2007, 12:21 PM

One more thing more don't ever use glue them, because they will weaken the plastic and they will brake
Old 09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

when i used to shoot gold tips i had 3 knocks also break on me. 3rd time was a charm i dont use Gold Tip anymore.

Quick Reply: What's up with Gold Tip Nocks???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.