Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

Hope it all works out mobo, prayers sent out.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

positively KILLS me....."I just don't want to." Wow, he really thought that one out, huh?? [&o]
Believe me there's more to it than that............... A girl?

And don't lose it yet .........believe me...........
Girl? No. But I do believe there's more to it....I'm not going to get into it all, but let's just say his mom has a major roll in this, though he doesn't really see it yet....

I lost it a little, but I'll call him back, apologize, and tell him I love him anyway....
Hell who wouldn't loose it ,its your job? Just sit back and look at the good times then think awhile longer. its justone day there will be many better ones. He's 16 not 26 you can reach him.

Good luck ,jim
Old 09-25-2007, 07:44 PM

Legally he can drop out at age 16 in MO with a parents written permission, but if thats not given there is no way around the issue. At age 18 he can do what he wants, but I still think it's a bad idea. The level of education keeps increasing year by year, and not having a highschool diploma will not get a very good job. Even a GED still looks bad. I am sure your son knows this, but he just hasnt thought the desision through and that is why he can't give you a solid reason too. I'm sure he will change his mind, just keep after him telling him how this is a bad idea. Good luck Don!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Well, I've got him talked into at least finishing out the week, and talking with his school counselor......That's a start.....Since he didn't know the "legal" way of doing this, and neither do I for sure, I convinced him it would be in his best interests to talk to someone that would, so he doesn't get in trouble.....It's a start anyway.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats great ,but don't expect to much .
You have to find the under lying reason he wants out. Talk to his freinds ,look at his cell phone records. the clues are there somewhere.

Good luck ,Jim
Old 09-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your Son wanting to drop out of school MoBowhuntr......young kids now a days just don't realize if you don't have a good education you can'tget a good paying job and life will be so much tougher for them in the long run. I feel sorry forwhat your going through MoBowhuntr.....we all want the best for our kid and hate to see them struggle through life doing things the hard way!I hope things work out and you can talk some sense into your boy!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

It may seem cold and insensitive, but to quote Coolio......"If you don't work, then you don't eat." By the way, Monday's the 1st and rent's due....you get a 5 day grace period then it's an extra $10 for the late fee.

You can get a job these days without a high school diploma, but you'll barely survive. It's almost as if a GED (Good Enough Diploma) isn't even enough for most places. Good luck, hopefully you'll find a way to talk some sense into him.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Don, I'm sorry to hear about the situation. It gives me a better perspective of how my dad felt when I quit school 30 years ago. I turned out OK. My wife and daughter think so anyway. I learned a good trade, I'm an electrician, recently promoted to lead the electrcal department at the university where I work. So its not a death sentence although it may feel that way. There have been many days over the years that I have regretted my rash youthful decision. My life had some real hard spots, all of them self inflicted. If he goes through with it be tough and never stop loving him. Thats the way my dad did it. And like I said, there were some really hard spots but I turned out OK. Good luck man, you are in my prayers, Greg
Old 09-26-2007, 07:59 PM

Thanks for all the support ya'll. I really appreciate just being able to vent a little. I know it won't kill him or anything, and I know it's certainly possible to lead a decent life, and some hard work can make it happen. But playing the odds, it's certainly gonna be easier w/ some education.

I've learned, or at least I'm pretty sure of this anyway, that for him to drop out at 16 will require my signature. Yeah, he's not gonna get that, I REFUSE to help him quit school. We'll see I suppose.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey bud, sorry to hear the situation. You're definitely doing the right thing, and I hope that sooner than later he realizes that this is a situation where he definitely needs to listen to his pops. I wish you the best, and don't give out that signature!!!

Quick Reply: Ok, now I'm REALLY upset!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.