Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what would you do?

Old 09-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Spike

Default what would you do?

hey, i just got permission to hunt a nice farm, but i cannot get into the woods without walking across the food source. what should i do? should i wait till it gets light in the moring to go? i really don't want to skip the morning.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: what would you do?

ReadyT--you shore there is no way in except the food source??That is gonna make it hard to hunt mornings or evenings--either your gonna bump deer before daylight or after dark--I would try hard to find another way in even if I had to walk aways!!!Good Luck
Old 09-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Spike

well, there is one possible way of following a hedgedrow, but i'm pretty sure the deer would see me coming. are they still feeding when it begins to get light?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

I have the exact same problem where i hunt. I'm not going to be hunting that stand that i have to cross the field until the evening, because if you push a big one goingin the morning. there is a good chance your not going to see him in the evening to get a shot.iknow where i hunt a lot of times the deer are out in the fields in the morningwhenwe get there.i'm not sure how it is where you hunt but that's what i do.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a handful of farms I hunt exactly like that... Enjoy your ability to sleep in late!
Old 09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Spike

i like the way you think, Greg/MO
Old 09-23-2007, 02:50 PM

just sleep in alittle and approach at first light
Old 09-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-23-2007, 03:23 PM

From my experience, yes the deer feed in the dark. But I have also found they love to wander (Assuming you don't have to much hunting preasure on them) between 7:00am - 9:00am getting in their last snack before bedding midday. I would just work the wind and slip in quietly as possible in the dark to your stand. The deer hear sounds in the dark all night long but don't necessarily spoke or run but just stand at the ready. If your slow and quiet and down wind, you shouldn'tspook them.
Eric S. Stacy AKA DeerDope
Old 09-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have walked right past them in the dark. Keep your back drop dark and they wont know your there. Sleeping in's good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.