Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what would you do?

Old 09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what would you do?

ORIGINAL: nodog

Have walked right past them in the dark. Keep your back drop dark and they wont know your there. Sleeping in's good.
I agree. I have been within 30 yds of deer in the field (not under a full moon). Go in early if you spook some of them they will calm back down and feed again.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what would you do?

i got a buddy in a similar situation. he has no way to get in because they bed so close to the bean fields. i told him i wouldnt hunt it in the mornings...i would sneak in midday and kill them in the transition area between the bedding and the bean field...he also gotta park right between the 2 bean fields not 125yds from his stand. he agreed with me after we talked about it and said sneaking in midday would be the best way to do it.

yesterday we were talking...he said hes gunna be there saturday morning. i smiled and said GOOD! the spot i hunt is on the next hillside. i got a bedding area behind me and beans and corn surround the tiny strip of woods i hunt...which is loaded with white oaks..if he bumps his deer out, i could be in for a banner of a day he was trying to get an edge over me and kill my deer before they get to me...some of mine DO come from his area but not most of them..so i didnt care really..and he will overhunt the place and not hunt the wind right so im not worried a bit. hes gunna ruin it and the deer will move into my area...

got another buddy trying to cut me off at another spot...i know they dont live in my spot..another tiny strip of woods but come the rut they are running it like mad. so when he hunts that spot, i will be in my spot there lol...they got one way to run...across the road and through my strip of woods.

i love inexpirienced hunters

hunt your area smart. do whatever it takes not to bump deer out of there. never can tell when they will be hitting the food source but you can try and figure them out..