Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scentlok question

Old 09-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scentlok question

When you wash your scentlok gear at the beginning of the season, do you guys let it air dry outside or do you throw it in the drier to "Activate" the carbon?

Please no debating the merits of scentlok - I already bought it so I don't care if you don't think it works!

Old 09-22-2007, 03:16 PM

Default RE: Scentlok question

i didn't wash mine when i first got it. i threw them into the drier and then they went right into airtight containers. they say to only wash when absolutely necessary.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:22 PM

I washed mine before my first use and the water that was draining out of the washing machine was all black.. I was like ahh that is why you don't wash it more than twice a year...i think hand washing might be a safer option.. but not sure
Old 09-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Need to read and understand the directions. The suit should not be put on the heat cycle untill it's air dry. Inside-outside it doesn't matter. After it's dryI put mine in for the longest high/heattime and remove it after 30-45 mins. while it's still going and put it with scent free hands in a ziplok bag. I put each piece in it's own bag, hot. Letting it cool down in the dryer will only start the suit sucking up the dryer scents.

I wouldn't just use one straight from the store without washing it. It's supposedly good for 20 washings. Even twice a year is 10 years worth.