Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NE OHIO opening day forecast

Old 09-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NE OHIO opening day forecast

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Ha..Ha... My weathermen cant tell what its gonna do this afternoon, Let alone 10 days from now!!
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Actually South Central Ohio is the great location. Check the books. They'll back up my, (and Buckeyes) Statements.

We're just trying to "get by" up here on the PA border..[8D]

(and we are still a week and a wake-up away)
Nice try. The whole eastern part of the state is great. It is us poor guys from the SW part of the state that have it rough.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fellas that sounds like great weather to me for the Buckeye state opener! Can't wait to get back home to holmes county next friday and do some huntin', Best of luck ya'll!!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Actually South Central Ohio is the great location. Check the books. They'll back up my, (and Buckeyes) Statements.

Nice try. The whole eastern part of the state is great. It is us poor guys from the SW part of the state that have it rough.
lol...GOOD TRY YOURSELF!!

LEBANON, Ohio — Southwest Ohio has been producing some monster bucks, and Caesar Creek Wildlife Area is a great place to try for one," said Mike Reynolds, wildlife biologist with the Ohio DNR.
According to Reynolds, the area isn't known for staggering numbers of animals, but rather for its trophy buck potential.
"The density of deer is low on the wildlife area, but there is a good chance for a nice-racked animal. Bucks have been taken in recent years in this region that well exceed 200 Boone & Crockett points. Brad Jerman took a Warren County buck in 2004 that scored 201 1/8 B&C points as a typical."

full article here http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/news/story?page=h_map_06_OH_CeaserCreek
Old 09-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingson

lol...GOOD TRY YOURSELF!!

LEBANON, Ohio — Southwest Ohio has been producing some monster bucks, and Caesar Creek Wildlife Area is a great place to try for one," said Mike Reynolds, wildlife biologist with the Ohio DNR.
According to Reynolds, the area isn't known for staggering numbers of animals, but rather for its trophy buck potential.
"The density of deer is low on the wildlife area, but there is a good chance for a nice-racked animal. Bucks have been taken in recent years in this region that well exceed 200 Boone & Crockett points. Brad Jerman took a Warren County buck in 2004 that scored 201 1/8 B&C points as a typical."

full article here http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/news/story?page=h_map_06_OH_CeaserCreek
LIES!!! ALL LIES!!!

The region is great. The public land is overhunted simply because it is relatively small and close to major populations. You can still get lucky there though I guess. I go there for an early season doe every year.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

More FYI

Top counties/regions: For deer harvest, the top five deer hunting counties in Ohio are Coshocton, Guernsey, Muskingum, Tuscarawas, and Jefferson counties. The top five deer hunting destinations in the state as rated by hunters are Vinton, Pike, Athens, Harrison, and Noble counties.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to get to go to Vinton every year where my dad has killed a slew of P&Y bucks including one that measured over 186" with 23 scoreable points and I killed my first deer ever! New owner, no permission for the last 12 or more years
Old 09-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

More FYI

Top counties/regions: For deer harvest, the top five deer hunting counties in Ohio are Coshocton, Guernsey, Muskingum, Tuscarawas, and Jefferson counties. The top five deer hunting destinations in the state as rated by hunters are Vinton, Pike, Athens, Harrison, and Noble counties.
Gotta love it, got farms on all three counties this year to hunt.
Good luck to the rest of ya buckeye boys!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:11 AM

Tuscarawas County here.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Spike

Man, cant wait..Im hunting Stark,bordering tuscawawas county....F the weather man im there..rain or shine...and good luck to everyone else..........

Quick Reply: NE OHIO opening day forecast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.