Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gloves and Face Cover

Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gloves and Face Cover

I use Mossy Oak passthru gloves and a mesh mask. I hate bugs biting me. If you plan on shooting with gloves you definitely need to practice with them on. your anchor point will change.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

If you have ever seen a fellow hunter from 50-75 yards without gloves and a mask, you would not be asking this question. This is the most overlooked thing, but honestly without something on your hands and face, you really skick out. now if you have a big beard, then gloves only I guess, but it does help to wear them all the time!
Dandbuck
Old 09-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a 3/4 mask, but no gloves. I think it helps my confidence more than it helps conceal me. everyone else I know doesn't wear either.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got busted by my pale face too many times when I was young. Now I always use a mask and
gloves no matter what temp.

The best gloves I have found for hot weather are called Sveltz. Got them for like $10. As it says on
their website: http://www.sveltz.com/gloves.html they stretch to fit, are seamless, comfortable,
have the rubber micro-dots on the palm. The website says they were developed for medical
use to be worn under latex gloves. I like them because it is the closest to feeling like you are not
wearing a glove I could find and the grip dots are nice.