Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gloves and Face Cover

Old 09-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gloves and Face Cover

In the early season, it's difficult to pull on a head covering and gloves while still dripping sweat, but the face and hands are dead giveaways to deer if they're not concealed. I've spotted hunters in trees before only becuase of an uncovered face.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:11 AM

For me it depends on rather or not I'm in a tree. I think there very important when on the ground. When in a tree I think if the deer looks up your probably busted even if your in full camo. Of course you can do things to hide your stand but there is only so much you can do.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Under Armour makes a great mask and gloves. I love mine.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Under Armour makes a great mask and gloves. I love mine.
Ditto. That's what I wear. Works great for me.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

I wear gloves but no mask, I hate them. Of course I freeze my a$$ off in the cold, but i use a themacell early in season for the skeeters.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wear camo skinz from Cabelas, awesome stuff. Fits real snug and ultra lightweight. The new Under Armour is great, just can't go $40on a pair of gloves...yet
Old 09-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your hands move more than any other part of your body. Cover them or they're flags for deer. (assuming you are of Caucasian persuasion)
Old 09-21-2007, 10:03 AM

This is my fourth year of bowhunting. I have always worn gloves and a mask, mostly because I was afraid I would get busted by deer if I didn't. I have been watching a few hunting videos lately and noticed that very few people were wearing face masks, and a few didn't have gloves on. This has made me wonder how much of a necessity it really is to wear a face mask. Especially since the added bulk may throw off your shot by not anchoring in the same exact spot everytime. Most of us practice all summer long in preparation for the bow season, and to be honest, it is really tough to throw a face mask on during those 80 and 90 degree days to make it as realistic as possible. Any other thoughts or opinions?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does anyone here reccommend that I usethin camo gloves and a camo face cover?
I really do not like using gloves even in cold weather. However, I do recognize the need for camo on the hands. What I use is a pair of silk glove liners (black). The slickness of the glove actually helps get the hand in the corrct position of the handle.

For the face, I use costume makeup, see below (FWIW, the picture was taken after a 3/4 mile drag):

Old 09-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

The ONLY time I will hunt w/o a face mask is if I am hunting out of a box style tree stand, ground blind, or over a field.

Quick Reply: Gloves and Face Cover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.