Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broad head problem.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Rage broad head problem.

Brad....I've got that show Tivo'd, and I watched it, too. He had a GOOD blood trail for 100 yds....and backed out when it became sparse.....due to hitting the buck a little too far back.....and nightfall (temps were fine). he didn't know if his hit was good or not.....so he backed out. I'd have done the same thing.

Let's be 100% fair.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've taken 7 deer with the Muzzy head, now....and I'll tell you this....the blood trails have been "shaky" at BEST.....and nearly "non-existant", at worst. I did have 3 go down in sight....but I'm looking for a blood trail Ray Charles could follow.

I am going to try Magnus 2 blades this season as the bear broadheads I had been using is not available here no more. They are fixed 2 blades like the bear that I was using and they have always left me a good blood trail..
Old 09-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Edit - I'm off to camp for the weekend guys. I'll shoot what I want, and you guys do the same.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll reserve my opinion until I've shot a deer with them,I can always go back to my Muzzy's
Old 09-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

I read this post then left it and wasn't gonna reply, then changed my mind and came back.I have killed 2 doe's with the rage 2 blades and they are devastating, best bloodtrails i've seen. The 3 blades definetly have problems opening and you couldn't pay me to shoot them but the 2 blades definetly slice up a deer, and I haven't had the problem of them opening prematurly but I may use the rubber band trick to avoiditall together.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had this problem but have also never used the 3 blade rage. I use the 2 blade. The only time they've opened on me is when I would get the tip caught on something when moving my bow.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive never had that problem.......
Old 09-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

All that money trusted to a mechanical... Help me understand

"Muzzy babe Muzzy"
Simple

They are the most devasting head I've ever used.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz

call rage and ask why they had a recall its because THE BLADES WERE NOT OPENING. im sick of hearing that it takes more energy to open heads. most heads will open on a peice of paper the energy is lost when trying to puch more cutting surface throught the deer. get some blaistics gell put a deer hide over it and i bet there will be more penetration from the small steelhead (which has an average fixed head size cut) then the 2" cut of the rage.

last night on babe winkelmans this guy shot a deer (looked like liver) had almost no blood trail and had to come back an search next day. then he went on to say they are the best BAD shot broadhead (there not there are plenty of bigger cutting heads) and showed an amazing hole that was straight up and down and is one reason i think there was no blood because of the 2 blade design the cut lined up with the grain of mucles and closed the hole. when it comes down to it if your most guys paying 35-40$ for them there not anywhere close to being worth it.
Do you have a clue on what you are talking about?

First of all have you ever tried the Rage BH? If you haven't you shouldn't be in the conversation.

The recall was because of the wrong blades that went into the 3 blade, the standard blades have no problem opening up. If you knew what was going on you would know this.

And if you know anything about liver hits you typically get very little blood

It seems to me you have an agenda to bash the Rage. I'm curious why?

Old 09-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

im sorry the title doesnt say two blade head. yeah ive got an agenda and that is to try to help people not waist them moeny these things are not cheap there one of the most expensive heads out there and there junk. people are having lots of problems with them just do a search on here. as for the liver hits i know you dont get alot of blood but with a hole that big there should be some but i can see there not being alot.heres why im agianst these heads

1. there marketed as no more rubber bands
1.a. shoot exactly like field tips (but heres a PRACTICE head for free)
1.b. over the top cant compare into this squishy gell (look at there ad the 3 blades arent even totally open the shoulder is still sticking out
2. there opening up in flight causing erratic flight which could be wounded deer
3. the blades and tip are bending of breaking from normal shots
4. dont take my word for it check the broadhead test guys site there not durable
5. there sold out, cause people on these shows are paid to use them and you cant watch 15minutes of the outdoor channel without seeing one of there adds, so guys who cant take the time to test them or research buy into the lies.
6. they didnt care enough to test them out until the complaints started pyling in about the 3 blade head

as i said before i didnt know this was a 2 blade only topic but someof these apply to them too

Quick Reply: Rage broad head problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.