Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broad head problem.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rage broad head problem.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Do you know of another source for the bands you'll utilize for hunting?

What if you have to replace the blades?
Any store that sells Dental bands for braces etc.....I forget who gave me some but I have a whole bunch of the small ones from a dentist or ortho....
Old 09-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

i have rage and i havent had that problem maybe the o ring that keeps the blades in is broke or too loose i would try changing it and then see if it continues...or just push it in further bee careful there sharp
Old 09-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz

good marketing dept thats all rage has people are having to modify an already overly expensive head. bent or broken blades, blades opening in flight or blades not opening at all. "over the top" style heads work great period everyone buys into these myths about them if you buy good ones youll have nothing to worry about.
Can you document first hand where you have heard of them not opening? I have to suspect this is heresay...........

I don't consider putting a rubber band on a head as modifying. I have access to shoot any broadhead I wish for next to nothing and these are my go to head. They use less energy to open than a steelhead, are more durable, sharper, thicker blades, cut on contact tip, and leave a bigger hole. I have killed several deer with steelheads as well, they were my go to head. I honestly believe if you take the time to put an extra band around the Rage's, they are the best head on the market and I say that with experience with nearly every other mechanical out there. I like the Snyper's as well however I really like the 2" diameter of the Rages. The steelheads are my 3rd choice as well, another fantastic head but simply not the same caliber as the Rages or Snypers.
You don't consider changing the design by adding a rubber band to a broadhead that advertises "No morerubber bands" to be modification. Then what is it? Bottom line, the Rage heads are unreliable as they are. If you didn't feel the same way you wouldn't have added the rubber bands. I would like to know where you got the data to support the claim " The Rage heads use less energy to open than Steelheads". I'm not saying I don't believe you . I would just like to see it for myself. Steelheads do have their draw backs, but I didn't think K.E. loss was one of them. Hard angle shots may be one though. And , Yes the story about the Rage head not opening is heresay. Any story passed from one person to another is "hearsay." The person that told me what happened to him is a very reliable source. I wouldn't have passed it on if I thought otherwise. He shot a doe last year. He tracked her all the next day. He finally found her 3 days later. She had a very small hole in her side. The arrow was broken and the broad head was still in her. He removed it and it was unopened. The other story was just a guy I met at the same archery shop where the first guy works. GMMAT, good luck with your hunting,and please use the rubber bands. It's the only way you can trust those heads.[/blockquote]
Old 09-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Oh by the way, I gotta give it to ya on the rubber band idea Rick James . Sheer Genius

[/align]
Old 09-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

i had the same problem last year. if you your broadheads go into the phone or rubber of the quiver the blades rub on this bands under the blades and cut right through them. then the blades will not stay closed. i went back to the grim reapers. i have never had a problem with them ever! i swear by them.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

fome i ment to say not phone haha sorry guys
Old 09-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

All that money trusted to a mechanical... Help me understand

"Muzzy babe Muzzy"
Old 09-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Longbeard:

I've taken 7 deer with the Muzzy head, now....and I'll tell you this....the blood trails have been "shaky" at BEST.....and nearly "non-existant", at worst. I did have 3 go down in sight....but I'm looking for a blood trail Ray Charles could follow.

When a man hits a deer like this......he ought to have a no-brainer on his hands, dontcha think?

I'm just willing to give something else a try. That's all. Muzzzy's are good heads.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

call rage and ask why they had a recall its because THE BLADES WERE NOT OPENING. im sick of hearing that it takes more energy to open heads. most heads will open on a peice of paper the energy is lost when trying to puch more cutting surface throught the deer. get some blaistics gell put a deer hide over it and i bet there will be more penetration from the small steelhead (which has an average fixed head size cut) then the 2" cut of the rage.

last night on babe winkelmans this guy shot a deer (looked like liver) had almost no blood trail and had to come back an search next day. then he went on to say they are the best BAD shot broadhead (there not there are plenty of bigger cutting heads) and showed an amazing hole that was straight up and down and is one reason i think there was no blood because of the 2 blade design the cut lined up with the grain of mucles and closed the hole. when it comes down to it if your most guys paying 35-40$ for them there not anywhere close to being worth it.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm looking for a blood trail Ray Charles could follow.
LOL
I'm defiantly going to use that sometime

Quick Reply: Rage broad head problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.