Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broad head problem.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Rage broad head problem.

I posted on this a few weeks back. I would highly reccomend anyone using the Rage BH to use rubberbands on them. I found mine opening on the shot without the bands. When they did, my shots were not consistent. The rubber bands solve the premature opening problem.
After reading this....I have the same question as another poster.

Does putting the rubberbands on them effect them opening on impact at all?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz

good marketing dept thats all rage has people are having to modify an already overly expensive head. bent or broken blades, blades opening in flight or blades not opening at all. "over the top" style heads work great period everyone buys into these myths about them if you buy good ones youll have nothing to worry about.
Can you document first hand where you have heard of them not opening? I have to suspect this is heresay...........

I don't consider putting a rubber band on a head as modifying. I have access to shoot any broadhead I wish for next to nothing and these are my go to head. They use less energy to open than a steelhead, are more durable, sharper, thicker blades, cut on contact tip, and leave a bigger hole. I have killed several deer with steelheads as well, they were my go to head. I honestly believe if you take the time to put an extra band around the Rage's, they are the best head on the market and I say that with experience with nearly every other mechanical out there. I like the Snyper's as well however I really like the 2" diameter of the Rages. The steelheads are my 3rd choice as well, another fantastic head but simply not the same caliber as the Rages or Snypers.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I posted on this a few weeks back. I would highly reccomend anyone using the Rage BH to use rubberbands on them. I found mine opening on the shot without the bands. When they did, my shots were not consistent. The rubber bands solve the premature opening problem.
After reading this....I have the same question as another poster.

Does putting the rubberbands on them effect them opening on impact at all?
Jeff: I have shot them several times with and without the bands on there over the last few weeks. Both ways leave the same entrance holes in my broadhead target, and both ways will still have the head fully open by simply pushing through a piece of copier paper.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I think I heard you say you use the replacement rings they give you. What other source would you suggest for these bands.....say when you replace the blades?

Thanks for the informative post.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff:

I use the bands they give you as extras for the base of the head, not around the blades. I will use the same band for practicing as long as the blades stay locked down, however for a hunting head I always make sure it's a brand new head that spins perfect with a brand new band on the bottom.

The gum bands I put around the blades are the extra bands that you get with Rocket brand broadheads..........steelheads to be exact.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Do you know of another source for the bands you'll utilize for hunting?

What if you have to replace the blades?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

It's funny thatone of their selling points is "no more rubber bands".
Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 AM

I read on another thread that someone was getting small rubber orings from Lowes and using on their rages.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Those O-rings are to replace the o-ring that is already there. You get 2 rings a head so if you use all those up you can get them at a hardware store.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Do you know of another source for the bands you'll utilize for hunting?

What if you have to replace the blades?
Dang, since you posted this I can't seem to find these anywhere. I got mine with a couple packages of rocket steelheads I used a few years ago and had them sitting around. My best guess iscall Rocket and see if they have them for sale..........I'm sure they have to sell replacements, I just can't find them anywhere. Honestly I don't replace blades on any head, never have. I have only replaced the whole head or resharpened.

Quick Reply: Rage broad head problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.