Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broad head problem.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage broad head problem.

I going to use the Rage this weekend to take a doe or two. I have a couple of tags and went out tonight to practice. I did put bands on mine due to my earlier results and they flew great and made no noise. So, I'm going to use RJ's solution on Saturday just to make sure I make a good shot. No harm in adding the bands.

kel
Old 09-20-2007, 06:06 PM

sounds like to much to worry about
Old 09-20-2007, 07:23 PM

ever try the Tekan II's? i love them. i experimented quite a bit before taking them hunting i.e. shooting through conveyor belts, and shooting them with the blades deployed 'they shot exactly the same opened as closed. we wanted to beat the crap outa them. they were great. i shoot 60# and 29" arrow, slammed a doe almost straight under me and it burried in the ground, then shot my buck almost in the exact same spot, again burried into the ground then i shot my 2nd doe at 25 yrds and passed thru and burried in the ground. same broadhead with the same blades, just replaced th o ring once between doe and buck. also look on the rage's website, i read it in , i think buckmasters that they have a recall on the 3 blade version for the shoulders of the deployment blades being rounded instead of square. good luck with them.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Spike

Does putting the rubberbands on them effect them opening on impact at all?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

To much to think about when you have an trophy animal in shooting range.
ORIGINAL: twildasin

I think the problem is within the operator! I believe gentelmen are pushing them to hard into there quiver! Or not checking there o-rings. Good idea Rickjames but not necessary. I killed 2 deer last year with the same head and o-ring if you take the time to inspect your equipment you will be fine. I never had a problem. I believe the guys having problems are use to fixed blades and not checking there blades properly.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

WOW!!! I shot a doe last night with the Rage 2 blade! All I can say is WOW! I could not believe the hole that was left behind! I have shot these through alot of test subjects but was very curious to see how they would do with the real deal! All I can say again is WOW!!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]Rob, I hope I didn't seem harsh in my earlier post. I don't think the rubber band is a flaw. I think the O-ring on the Rage head is the flaw. I hope I didn't give you that impression. I think when the Snypers are all gone; the Rage design will change . I think the new design will favor the Snypers of today. When[or if]that happens I will try them again. I simply don't care for the O-ring design. I am hearing to many stories of heads opening in flight or not at all [in a couple of cases]. I don't think there is that many hunters that can't figure out how to close a broadhead.[and keep it closed] The Snypers are in the process of being phased out. I look for the Rage heads to change next year.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nope I took your post how you intended it, not harsh just realistic and I agree. The Rage has a flaw or we wouldn't hear of these stories. I hope they fix the problem before more people miss opportunitys or worse, wounded game. I'll stick with the Snypers too, for now.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

good marketing dept thats all rage has people are having to modify an already overly expensive head. bent or broken blades, blades opening in flight or blades not opening at all. "over the top" style heads work great period everyone buys into these myths about them if you buy good ones youll have nothing to worry about.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:01 AM
Typical Buck

Bradkoz, I see you use Rocket Steelheads. They are an excelent broadhead IMHO. I shot the 4 blade version on my crossbow. Those things are little buzzsaws. Man, do they ever blow a hole in deer. I like the Snypers on my compound bow, but I will switch back to Steelheads if the Montecs I am tying this year don't wok out.

[/align]

Quick Reply: Rage broad head problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.