Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Warm Weather Hunting?

Old 09-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Warm Weather Hunting?

I am still tossing the idea of going out tomorrow night, but it is supposed to be warm. Its supposed to be 80 degrees till 9 when it drops to 73. It said that it would be in the 60's as and overnight low. Would you go out? If i am lucky to get one it will be my first bow kill ever. It will only be a doe, but i want to get out and get one before the 29th when everyone else is out shooting anything that moves. Again....would you guys go out when the high is going to be 80 at 3 ocklock???
Old 09-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Warm Weather Hunting?

im questioning the same thing myself. tomarrows high for my house is 85[:'(]

i DEFINENTLY aint hunting mornings...might see deer...but say i make a bad hit or questionable hit and have to wait a while to track it...its gunna be bad. why kill one and have it goto waste. thats my thinking. evenings wont be AS bad...but still...60s is still a race against time...just wont be AS quick...

pretty sure im gunna go into work saturday morning...i wanted to hunt tomarrow and saturday but 85....thats plain out hot. i might dove hunt or shoot me a couple groundhogs or something...i still dont know if i will deer hunt. i would HATE to hit one and loose the meat because it was too hot....last weekend was awesome weather...
Old 09-20-2007, 04:03 PM

maybe its just me that my hunting season doesn't staet for 25 more days but I would hunt it probly won't be the best day for seeing anything atlease in shooting light. But it really is up to you do you want to deal with the heat and masquetos(sp).
Old 09-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definately give it a shot. Dont let the head detur you. Be cautious of your scent and move slow to keep from sweating. Its a good time to be in the woods
Old 09-20-2007, 04:13 PM

Cant get your first bow kill from your couch!!

I hunt every chance i get
Old 09-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last week was awesome weather!!! I saw three different bucks and two does that would not come in. I think i might give it a shot. The mosquitos are a pain though...more annoying than anything. I hope i make a good shot so i dont have much of a track job in this weather. And like you said BB33, i cant get my first bow kill from the couch.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

go get um!! lol
Old 09-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

heck yes go hunting.

Here in Florida 85-90 is almost balmy.

If you are concerned meat spoilage just take the extra time and make a good shot.

Your deer will expire in minutes and will be in the truck in say 30 minutes.

Get it home cut him up and put the meat in the cooler , ice it down well.

If it takes 3-4 hours to get it cut up and in the cooleris just fine.

Getting the hide off ASAP is the trick to it

That fur acts like blanket and holds the heat in.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 PM

get out there!! I hunted in 90 degree weather last weekend and plan on doing it again this weekend. treat everyday of hunting as it could be your last.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:23 PM

this may sound stupid but its true,gooooooooo,i have killed as many if not more deer in the hot early season than all other times combined,its all about the rught spot at the right time

Quick Reply: Warm Weather Hunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.