Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Instant gratification - Rage 2 blade mini review

Old 09-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Instant gratification - Rage 2 blade mini review

D1cks and Gander have them here Jeff, want me to pick a pack up fer ya, of course you might need them before I get them to ya with the Nanny mission.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:19 PM

I just checked Cabelas website, they have them....Didn't indicate they were low or anything...
Old 09-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff, consider the bands like Rick James does.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

What are the size bands you guys are buying for these? Any particular size? My Dad recently went to these heads and I would like to get him some O-Rings to make sure that there is no "premature expanding" by the blades. I'm still not sold on mechanicals, but to each their own.

Oh and to make my post on topic... Dick's seems to be the best place around here for the Rage heads.

Whoa... I just realized I can't type the name to that store. Thats obviously D!ck's I was referring to.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 PM

gmmat,thats a nice lookn buck you showed there
Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Does Rick hunt with the band on the heads like in the picture??
Old 09-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

so far everyone loves these but seems to have some kinda problem with them i think the only good thing about them is there marketing. lots of people have busted or bent blades tips, blade not opening blades opening early i think there about one of the worst mechs out there. "over the top" rockets have never failed me or anyone in my family and thats probably over 100 deer with them. (were not poachers i just have a big family and most of us shoot them)

also if there so well made then youd assume well tested but no they actually had to recall some heads just shows you they cared about getting your money in there pocket and then making a good head.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ILL BUCK

Does Rick hunt with the band on the heads like in the picture??
I will this year. Last year I killed 3 deer and 1 turkey without the band and they worked flawlessly on all, however this year I will use them. I have had no issues with them opening if I use a fresh rubber on the bottom of the head and if you give each a spin test on my fingers before shooting, but hunting doesn't always allow for a spin test. I figure it's an extra insurance policy.............

And yes, they still open right.........you can open these heads by pushing them through a piece of copier paper.

I use the replacement bands from Rocket for the extra bands.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff..I'm going to get broadheads tonight..Unsure which ones at this point..Those G5's sure flew well but mine broke a blade the second night. So I'm kinda on the fence. Probably go with MX-4's maybe try the new Mx-3's,
Rage ?? Hmm dunno..lotta buzz about them should I tinker this close to the season??

I'd gladly pick some up for ya..I know our stores have been loaded with them for about $36 for 3 + practice head.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

GR8:

I'll send you a check if you do, buddy. Makes it easy for ME....if YOU don't mind.

Also....see if they have a 3-pak of practice heads.....and check if they have a pkg of replacement blades. I know this adds up to a few $$.......but I can have you a cashier's check there 1 day after you give me a total.

Thanks for the offer....and if you're serious....I'll take you up on it.

Quick Reply: Instant gratification - Rage 2 blade mini review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.