Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

advantages of 3D targets

Old 09-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default advantages of 3D targets

Last night I was shooting with my wife and this is going to be her first season ever hunting. She is honestly a fantastic shot shooting 2"-3" at 30 yards consistently. Last night I got out the 3D target and had her shoot at that and I realized what a great tool that is for learning where to shoot a deer. You can show people on a picture, but putting the pins on an actual life-like target and seeing exactly how that looks is something I don't think can be beat. Definitely worth every penny IMO. There is just such a big difference from shooting a bag and shooting a deer.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: advantages of 3D targets

Plus when you start shooting at the target at angles other than straight broadside..quartering etc.. You can visually see where the path of the arrow will take it to the exit.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Plus when you start shooting at the target at angles other than straight broadside..quartering etc.. You can visually see where the path of the arrow will take it to the exit.
And this is a GREAT time to teach this to young hunters. You can do so with an arrow while they're in their tree. I did this with my son last year.....and it helped him visualize the path his arrow needed to take.

GREAT point. You can't do this with a bag or block.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

excellent point I was tudoring the Mrs. and she shoot well into the paper but now visualizing the vitals and arrow path she has improved dramaticly. Her shooting was always proficient but now her understanding of shoot placement is fine tuned. I have no doubt that she will be on point when the opportunity presents it self