Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Somebody talk to me about Gold Tips

Old 09-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Site Bouncer

Default Somebody talk to me about Gold Tips

I received some Carbon ExpressEliminator Hunter 350 arrows for Christmas and I've been shooting them all year with pretty good success out of my Fred Bear Code.

Since shooting them out of myMathews Switchback LDI can't help but feel they are underspined.

The Fred BearCode is set at 31in with the 70lb limbsbottomed out
(69lbs actual)

The Switchback LD is set at 32in with 70lb limbs bottomed out
(72lbs actual)

The arrows are cut to 31in

I was thinking about the Gold Tip 75-95 in either the Hunter XT or Pro Hunters may be a better fit........and a better arrow.

Edit: Also considering Beman ICS 300 Camo Hunters

What say you all?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Somebody talk to me about Gold Tips

BigJ, I'm not familiar at all with the Gold Tips, I haven't played with them ever.

Beman have changed their carbons since I shot them. I shot the ICS 340's. At the time we had to go through several dozen to find one good dozen. I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

I "graduated" to Easton ACC's and won't look back. Have ya considered them?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Site Bouncer

Rob,

Yeah, I've considered them...but I have a question about those types of arrows and perhaps you can answer it.

Because of the aluminum core will the arrow stay "bent" for lack of a better word, like an all aluminum arrow will or does it act more like an all carbon arrow? This has been my reservation about using the aluminum/carbon arrows.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, they will stay bent if given that harsh treatment. To be completely honest, The arrow I shot one of my two KS birds with ended up bent. I stuck the bird to the ground and in the flopping it ended up bent. A couple I shot through deer either broke or ended up bent as well. On their defense, I'v also shattered carbons and carbons will warp (stay bent).

ACC's have simply proven themselves time and time again for straightness, flight and consistancy.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting GoldTips for 5 years now and like them alot. I currently draw 29 inch and 60 lbs. with a XT Hunter 5575.

With your setup the 7595 I feelwould be a great fit.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Site Bouncer

Yeah, I'm going to make a switch, I'm just not sure what to get. My only reservation is, according to Gold Tip's web site the 7595's (.350spine)are not stiff enough for my set up and they suggest a .300 spined arrow but don't offer the Pro Hunter or the XT Hunter in that spine.[:@]

Old 09-20-2007, 12:17 AM

I SHOOT A MATHEWS OUTBACK AT 72 POUNDS 376 GRAIN ARROW 29 INCH SHAFT 5575 GOLDTIPS,KILLED LOTS OF DEER WITH THEM,IVE ALSO HIT A TREE OR 2 AND DIDNT BREAK THE ARROWS EITHER TIME,I HAVE SHOT MULTIPLE DEER WITH THE SAME ARROWS THEY ARE AWESOME
Old 09-20-2007, 05:01 AM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Yeah, I'm going to make a switch, I'm just not sure what to get. My only reservation is, according to Gold Tip's web site the 7595's (.350spine)are not stiff enough for my set up and the y suggest a .300 spined arrow but don't offer the Pro Hunter or the XT Hunter in that spine.[:@]

I have been using GT 5575XT hunters for a few seasons now. They are great! Two seasons ago I killed 2 deer and a turkey with the same arrow never resulting in any sort of damage.

If I were home I would run your setup through OT2 and try to get you the perfect setup with those 7595's. If you're worried about being too weak; couldn't you decrease draw weight or use a lighter point weight or both to achieve a pefectly spined arrow?

Old 09-20-2007, 05:56 AM

Gold Tip makes a good arrow, but for the money I feel there are better available. For instance I shoot PSE Carbon Force Radial X Weaves, they are more durable, and shoot better than my GT's ever did. Also Victory, and up and coming manufacturer makes a very nice product as well.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Carbon Tech Whitetail XP's. You will not be disappointed in their performance and durability.

Quick Reply: Somebody talk to me about Gold Tips

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.