Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Somebody talk to me about Gold Tips

Old 09-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Somebody talk to me about Gold Tips

ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

I haven't had any complaints about my Gold tip XTs

I may take a closer look at the Bemans ICS 300 Camo Huners. I shot the 340's when I had my older wheel cam bow(s) and they were great, no complaints. I don't know why I stopped using them.[]
The cabela's shaft is one and the same. Just less expensive.
Good info to know...Thanksnodog
Old 09-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the all carbon arrows are going to take a lot more abuse than the carbon/ aluminum arrows.With some of the better straight carbon arrows,a target miss or putting it through an animal or having one glance off another arrow is not going to render it useless.
I shot ACC's for a couple of years and I got tired of having the side walls indent when you were shooting groups or shooting 3D and having someone hit your arrow.I do agree that they fly excellent.For me they just were not durable enough.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: tsoc

I think the all carbon arrows are going to take a lot more abuse than the carbon/ aluminum arrows.With some of the better straight carbon arrows,a target miss or putting it through an animal or having one glance off another arrow is not going to render it useless.
I shot ACC's for a couple of years and I got tired of having the side walls indent when you were shooting groups or shooting 3D and having someone hit your arrow.I do agree that they fly excellent.For me they just were not durable enough.
This is the feedback I am looking for. Is this an exception or normal for these types of arrows? I too like the idea of them but will they hold up the the abuse an all carbon arrow can take??

Thanks for the posts fellas...keep them comming. I'm going to be away for the weekend checking some out of town hunting spots, I'll check in Sunday evening.

Later all.