Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Somebody talk to me about Gold Tips

Old 09-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Somebody talk to me about Gold Tips

What about the new Goldtip Carbon Aluminum arrows? They MSRP for $99 (less than the ACC),
come in 5 different spines, have a .002 straightness. Rick James uses and recommends these.
They will probably be my arrow next hunting season.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would highly recommend the GoldTip CAA's. The have all the same specs as the Easton ACC's but at $30 less per dozen in price and a much better component system in my opinion. The CAA .300's would be perfect for you as well and give you the stiffness you need for that long draw length. I'm hunting with .350s this year. I ordered 3 dozen of them and 2 of the bundles came with a bakers dozen. Out of those 38 arrows, there was only one arrow that was more than 1 grain off, and all 38 spun well enough for me to consider a broadhead arrow. Out of the gold label Pro Hunters (that cost more $$$) I would usually cull 2 arrows on average per dozen because they weren't close enough in weight or straightness tolerances.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

What about the new Goldtip Carbon Aluminum arrows? They MSRP for $99 (less than the ACC),
come in 5 different spines, have a .002 straightness. Rick James uses and recommends these.
They will probably be my arrow next hunting season.
Yea...the new Goldtip CAAs are awesome. They are almost identicle to the easton ACCs but are a lot less in price. I used to shoot Goldtip xt hunters and they are very durable as well. Then i switched to Carbon express maximas and they were awesome as well, but a little too pricey. I think the new goldtip CAAs are the best tho, course i haven't tested their durability yet and hope i wont have to unless it involves hitting the ground after going through a deer.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Site Bouncer

Thanks for the replies guys.......I've got some thinking to do. I'd like to hear more about the durability of the carbon/aluminun arrows vs the all carbon arrows especially how much it can take before the aluminum bends...and stays bent.

Somehow I feel the all carbon arrows will be able to "flex" more without damage than the aluminum and carbon arrows.......maybe I'm wrong.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I've got an a/c/c that's been through 2 deer now.....and is about to be re-quivered, John.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I've got an a/c/c that's been through 2 deer now.....and is about to be re-quivered, John.
So no problems with the arrows huh.....Might have to give them a look. Does anyone know if they will flex as much as an all carbon arrow willand still hold their straightness? I'm curious as to which of the two will take more punishment and stay straight.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't had any complaints about my Gold tip XTs
Old 09-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

So no problems with the arrows huh.....Might have to give them a look. Does anyone know if they will flex as much as an all carbon arrow willand still hold their straightness? I'm curious as to which of the two will take more punishment and stay straight.
They come at a cost that I just can't justify. Shot a few different ones this year, the sleeper was the winner, Cabela's stalker extreme. $49.95. Turns out they are an Easton shaft.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

They don't offer the XT's (or the Pro Hunters for that matter) inthe spine I think I need. The 7595's are a .350 and I need a .300[:@]
This is why I'm asking about the carbon/aluminum arrows because Gold Tip offers them in the .300 spine.

I may take a closer look at the Bemans ICS 300 Camo Huners. I shot the 340's when I had my older wheel cam bow(s) and they were great, no complaints. I don't know why I stopped using them.[]

I don't mind trying the carbon/aluminum arrows (acc's, caa's etc...) but I don't want them if they won't take the abuse that the all carbon arrows do and not go back to their original straightness.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

I may take a closer look at the Bemans ICS 300 Camo Huners. I shot the 340's when I had my older wheel cam bow(s) and they were great, no complaints. I don't know why I stopped using them.[]
The cabela's shaft is one and the same. Just less expensive.

Quick Reply: Somebody talk to me about Gold Tips

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.