Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gorilla 3ft. climbing sticks?

Old 09-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gorilla 3ft. climbing sticks?

Anyone use these Gorilla 3ft. climbing sticks, They have 1 strap for each section. I think I could use a set or two of them, but that strap seems awfully small and weak. Do you think they are safe? Any opinions on them?

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:26 PM

Default RE: Gorilla 3ft. climbing sticks?

If they are the same ones I have they are amazing. Been buying them at BPS for $15 each and just recently found them at walmart for $10. I fell 20 ft because a screw in step came out so safety is a big concern for me. I have 5 sets and woudnt buy anything else.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

I have a set of Summit Bucksteps and 2 sets of Lone Wolf sticks. Lone Wolf are by far the most compact and versatile. The Summits are not as versatile. I did look and Gorilla and they look well made and safe but more bulky than the Lone Wolf's. Regardless of brand, the all are more safe than screw in steps and obviously cause less damage to the tree.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the gorilla climbing sticks that i bought from BPS. I used them when i hunted on my grandparents land, so i left them there with a hang on stand for permenant use over the season. If you are going to be packing them in and out everytime you go hunting, then i would spend the extra money and purhase the Lone Wolf climbing sticks.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the replies, Im gonna get 1 set and try first, then I'll buy more as needed if I like them. Things made in China make me scared for my life! But I guess most stands and climbing aids are.