Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many tags does your state give you?

Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How many tags does your state give you?

The zone in WI where I hunt you can get 4 tags per day. It's EAB (Earn-A-Buck) so you must kill a doe for every buck.
But you're still limited to one buck per season (archery, rifle, etc.). Multiples does doesn't earn you multiple bucks in the same season and year. (Unless maybe it's different in a CWD zone...)
Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

It does in the HRZ zone,take as many as you want!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

My archery tag is good for 2 deer/ any sex, and 2 turkey. I can buy as many antlerless tags as I want.
Yep, not too shabby for $19. Then its like $7 for each additional doe tag, all you can shoot.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

ORIGINAL: HammytheHunter

In Maryland for each of the seasons you are alotted 2 buck tags and 10 anterless tags. You have to take two anterless deer before you can take a second buck. Not to mention that you need to purchase a bonus buck stamp after you take your first buck.

So all in all, you have the opportunity to bag 36 deer total from bow, shotgun and muzzleloader combined.
Are you sure? I haven't bought my license this year but they have been unlimited on the does for years and before that I think I counted 50+ for all seasons. I'm sure they still have a major mess on their hands today.
Unlimited does during bow only in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Howard, Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Its that suburban archery zone rule or something that has been around for a few years.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

NY you get 1 antler for bow, black powder/shotgun and rifle season each. then number of doe tags avail depends on where you are hunting. On Long Island, there is an UNLIMITED number of doe tags avail
Old 09-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Three antlered or antlerless, two antlerless only (whitetails)
One antlered or antlerless, One antlerless only (mule deer)
Four Rio turkey tag which one can be used for Eastern instead
Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

1 Antlered and2 antlerless regular tags plus 3 antlerless tags early bow season Sept.29th-Nov.25th. You must buy one regular tag for every antlerless early bow tag. $24 regular tag and $15 early bow tag antlerless only. Different zones have different limits. My zone C has the most.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Twelve in all:

10 does
1 Antlered Buck - Any Size
1 Antlered Buck - 4 Points 1" or longer on one side.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:29 AM

I get one general whitetail tag(shot either buck or doe) then they give you 2 supplemental antlerless whitetail tags, then you can also get an antlerless muley and whitetail doe tag for the bow zones, then you can get one muley buck tag and depending on the area they will give you anywhere from one muley doe tag - 4. So the most tags we can get is 10 deer tags and the least is 7. But then again it all depends on whether you want to buy all those or not.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Two deer per day. Two bucks, two does, or one of each depending on what season it is.

Florida.

Quick Reply: How many tags does your state give you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.