Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

screw all the technicallites!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 08:12 PM

Default RE: screw all the technicallites!!!!!!!!!!!

as for the other guy talkn about family i basically have none so hunting fills that void for me
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Dominant Buck

as for the other guy talkn about family i basically have none
I'm really sorry about that. "Basically" sounds like you do but you don't or they choose not to admit to it. I'm sorry about that. But you know, a little give and take will cure that "Basically". I don't care if it's a neighbor. There's really no reason to be an island.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Though my wife is WONDERFUL.....and doesn't overplay her hand.......

ANYTHING she deems imortant enough for me to miss hunting.....will keep me out of the woods, that day. HER call.

I can always find a spot to hunt in any wind. It might not be perfect.....but I'm betting I'll see "something". Heat? Won't stop me. Wind? Yep...I'm a climber....and a high wind "might" stop me. Rain? Nope. I'll hunt the rain.

Good luck!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Responsibilities.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: screw all the technicalities!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was younger I was the same way. You are still wet behind the ears and you will learn what is important in life. There aren't to many of us that aren't "hardcore hunters". We all love it. HoweverI wish I would have had the chance for a guy like davidmil give me the advice 7 years ago like he just gave you. Take to heart bud.

As far as the stuff like wind and weather. No that doesn't keep me out. Heat is a different story. I am horizontally gifted (fat) so I don't like the heat. Otherwise hunt on.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: screw all the technicalities!!!!!!!!!!!

David and Jeff and others who have spoken about balance and consideration have it right I believe.While putting in the time gets it done,the wise use of the time you have get's it done also.Choosing to concentrate your efforts when the most elements are to your advantage increases your odds.
Everybody's circumstances are different but I know a lot of guy's who have lost their spouses and families because of the time they have taken away from them.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

the only thing that will keep me from hunting is death or a death in the family which i would go after and dedicate the day to the lost loved one

i once had a uncle that whent to a funarel in camo and went right after
Old 09-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think matthews outback is talking more about the weather than life issues. Of course everyone will pass up hunting for life issues.

As for weather, NO. You always hear about someone shooting a nice deer on a day when most people won't hunt. And if you aren't in the woods you can't shoot a door.Being in the right place at the right time is way more important that then wind or weather.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Responsibilities.
Yep, that's the only thing that keeps me from hunting.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Work and some family obligations... that's it. I have 2 little girls that deman alot of attention.
I think I will actually be hunting more this year though!

Quick Reply: screw all the technicallites!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.