Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big Thanks to Everyone on Here

Old 09-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Big Thanks to Everyone on Here

I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone on here, for nothing more than sharing their stories and adventures.

I signed on to the board quite a while ago. Pretty much forgot about the site for 3 years.

Well I haven't hunted in a really long time and absolutely loved to go bow hunting even though I wasn't all that good at it. Pretty good shot, but I just never got everything together for a good hunt.

My bowhunting experience is going through 2 deer seasons without ever taking a shot. Giving a very nice antelope a hair cut under his chest, and bagging one turkey.

This was the year I was going to start bow hunting again....until my bow got stolen not long before the season. I came back to see recommendations on getting a new bow and have been actively reading posts sense.

Even though I probably won't get a new bow this year(hoping my old one is still recovered) I've thoroughly enjoyed reading everybodies stories and looking at the pictures.

One last thing, just to add insult to getting my bow stolen. I've seen about 20 deer on my 20 acres every night since bow season opened here.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Big Thanks to Everyone on Here

Sloth, welcome back and sorry.[&:] Your welcome and I'm sorry. I just don't know what is wrong with people. I hate theives and I hate liars.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you get your old one back or you find something you like...Hate to see a fellow archer on the sidelines. Esp through no fault of your own.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:09 PM

Hey man, I was just looking at a set up Renegade Tominator bow for about 250.00. I didnt buy it because I wanted a bare bow so I could set it up myself and he didnt take my offer. Its on the internet. PM me if you want his email. He might still have the bow. I like the Renegades myself. Really fast.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just don't get discouraged. This is my fourth season no deer or turkey. I missed last year when I moved to N.C. . . . To late in the year and found out a month before I had to have hunters Ed. ButI did scout hike and all the stuff but hunt to get the exercise. Thought of quitting too much money invested for no return but I decide to give it another year and even though I have not got out to the woods. As hunting starts Oct. 1. I have made a desiccation that I will hunt as long as I can. I can understand missing the season for the lost of the bow. It takes a lot of time and money to get one ready. When I got my bow two years ago this Christmas. I spent 500 dollars to get my bow set up. I know that is not a lot for some but it is for me. I planed to spend half that but my parents bought me a reflex that cost 200.00 which was store cost retails for 325. I could not see installing cheap sight rest so on a nice bow. Now three week after I figured I would give it another year or two. I have a new spot 1 mile on public land from my house. And found 40 private acres that there three hunters including me on itand I really think this is my year

Sorry for the long post just stay in there and if nothing else shot them with a camera good luck and I hope you get your bow back
Old 09-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Sloth, welcome back to the forums. Hang in there, ya never know what may turn up for you. A thief to me is the absolute worst. Someone who thinks all others owe him/her. Someone who thinks they should get for free, something that you had to work hard for. Then when there're caught, they have the gall to tell you that you shouldn't have left it where someone could take it.[:@][:@]
Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

welcome back don't wait 3 years to post again