Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

have you guys ever sustained an injury while hunting if so what and how?

Old 09-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: have you guys ever sustained an injury while hunting if so what and how?

ORIGINAL: gplant

Got pelted with birdshot once and man does that hurt.[:@]My Dad cut himself gutting a deer, He had to get 10+stiches.
Pelted with birdshot?!?!?!?!?!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: have you guys ever sustained an injury while hunting if so what and how?

Mostly just flesh wounds, I have trailed and hunted through some stuff so thick with briars and devils walking sticks that my thighs and forearms looked like I lost a fight with multiple bobcats. But other than that and the occasional twisted ankle I have been fortunate, and hopefully it will stay that way.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i tried to unscrew a broadhed with my fingers before, I guess i figured i diddnt really need my fingerprints, cause i cut them off pretty dang fast.

Ryan.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RHanbaum

Does a heart attack count
I would say yes.

Besides the occasional bump, scrap, and cactus needle; just my pride.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

years and years ago, due to bowhunting, my girlfriend dumped me and broke my heart ....... does that count?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

ORIGINAL: gplant

Got pelted with birdshot once and man does that hurt.[:@]My Dad cut himself gutting a deer, He had to get 10+stiches.
Pelted with birdshot?!?!?!?!?!
Pelted like in shot. Only a couple broke skin my game vest took the blunt of it. Some kid shot at a low bird and I was on the other side of the tree line.We didnt even know he was there(trespassing). I wonder if his Dad ever gave him his gun back and how long it was till he was able to sit down.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:56 PM

I was getting out of the stand one time when a was about 14. Grabbed a dead branch and it broke. Other than a 15 foot fall and a few stitches...thats about the only injury I've encountered.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]
While getting dressed for the last day of last deer season;I cut offthe tip of my finger . Apperently my Gerber EZ ZIp was not in its holster. I think it took five stitches. I was nearly dressed. I just needed my hat. I was standing in the bathroom with my finger under the fawcet and all of my cold weather gear on. My father in-law comes in and sees me sweating. He starts teasing me. He says' what's wrong can't you stand the sight of your own blood" . I said " NO YOU A@#$% HOLE I'M HOT" I think it was good for 5 stitches. I can't remember.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Site Buck Guru

No injuries (major) here, ask Dan.[:-]
Old 09-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did and it sucked.
I went on a trip one time with a buddy of mine and his family. We were pretty far out there and all were totally psyched and excited to be there. Well, shortly after getting into a tree I decided to chop off a limb. I was using a short machete with my right hand and steadying myself with my left hand on a higher branch. Well during one of my chops I raised the machete with pretty good force and hit my left index finger pretty hard with the back side of the blade. I looked at it and it was opened up pretty good. I knew it was a bad cut and needed stitches, but I could not bring myself to get down and go find my buddy’s father and end the hunt for everyone. I ended up cauterizing the cut with my knife blade and a lighter and finishing the hunt. My buddy’s father nicknamed me “hardcore” after that, which I thought was pretty cool. Peer pressure is tough for a young man!

Quick Reply: have you guys ever sustained an injury while hunting if so what and how?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.