Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All Day or Morning

Old 09-19-2007, 05:31 PM

Default RE: All Day or Morning

i don't usually sit all day unless it is peak of the chase phase and a full moon.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I belive the best time to stay all day is during the RUT..
I've let the air out of some good bucks, ( Miday) ist very hard to stay in one spot for that long.. Good luck
Old 09-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've sat all day on numerous occassions. I've learned that on my unpressured deer I don't see sightings from Noon to 3:00...so I don't hunt those times. I sneak out and back in so I'm there when I do see sightings.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Other than the time periods around the rut, the only time I would advocate sitting all day would be on pressured public land where other hunters will serve as your drivers.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

I very rarly sit all day,but i will sit longer if the deer are active.most times it is morning and evening though.Sometimes if I am not seeing deer during the morning or evening I will get to my stand around ten and hunt the midday,you really just never know when you might see a deer though.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I pretty much just hunt mornings up until 11 or so and afternoons from 2 or 3 until dark. If it's hot and I'm not seeing deer I'll cash it in around 9 or 10. I may miss a deer by not hunting all day.... but at this point, I really don't care. I know somewhere in the year I'll collect some meat and have some fun. I hunt for the joy and fun of it all. Torture with a 14 hour vigil really doesn't make it fun for me. I'll collect my meat somewhere along the way. At least that's how it's happened the last 40 someting years.