Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Humbled by the HNI Community....

Old 09-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Humbled by the HNI Community....

Guys....I feel humbled beyond description. I felt like you guys were living my last 14 or so hours with me....and I sincerely apprecaite all of the encouragement.....well-wishes....and congratulations. This has NOTHING to do with me.....this is about the deer....and in this instance, YOU GUYS.

At 42yrs old....I've had this get to me like I didn't think possible (my last week+). Ihonestly was an emotional wreck last night and this morning. Why does this affect us, so????? If it ever stops.....well....I hope it never does. We need to be cognizant of the consequences and the POSSIBLE outcomes when we loose our arrows.

I want to thank all of you for NOT jumping down my throat....which would have been easy to do. I will NEVER, EVER take anything in this thing we do for granted, again. I'm a grown man....and I grew up a little more in the last 11 days.

Again.....I cant express how much you guys have helped me in the past.....but ESPECIALLY in these past days.

Thank you....
Old 09-19-2007, 09:31 AM

Default RE: Humbled by the HNI Community....

I'm just glad you got that monkey off your back. I know this humbling caused by HNI members that you speak of. If you were to read my latest journal entry, I make mention of exactly that.

It's always amazed me, how sitting in front of a computer monitor and typing words at each other, that friends can be made this way.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Amen, Mobo.

I appreciated your words you typed, last night and this morning.

Thanks, pal.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

At one time or another we will all need it. What goes around will hopefully come around to all that deserve it. No better brotherhood then this one
Old 09-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Side by side thru thick or thin thats what a brotherhood is all about.Again CONGRATS Jeff !!!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eventhough I am rather new I've been trying to make my voice heard around HNI. I enjoy being here with all of ya'll. I'm glad you were able to get your deer. Everyone was rooting for you! I know we would all show the same for any member that so needs it. Keep it up guys!!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fortunately Jeff, your season comes in early. You benefit from those of us that wish we could be out there. So yeswe are encouraging...sadly if these things were to happen in mid Oct (and mark my words they will to someone) The board, as a whole,becomes far less tolerable and less, let's say, forgiving.

It happens every year...this one will probably beno exception.

Hopefully I'll be wrong..maybe through some of the get-togethers, phone calls, and hunting trips and e-mails,we've all grown some, perhaps, that guy who hits one in October and has some trouble with the recovery or lack of a recovery, wil recieve the same compassion..does he deserve it any less?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Dominant Buck

No he doesn't, GR8. I can tell you that before this season....I had a MUCH different view of people who shot and lost deer. I confessed to Rob on the phone, earlier.....that I was on my last little walk-thru.....when I came upon this doe (although I probably would have talked myself into a "little" more searching).

I always thought people were doing something wrong when they lost an animal. I'll have WAY more patience for those stories, now......but I'll be right there with everyone else to make sure (encouragingly) they're at least going about the search and recovery in the best suitable manner.

I honestly never thought I could have the week I've had. I'm drained. I'm out of the woods for a few days.

I hope you're right, GR8. I know, on this end, I felt a lot of support....and I know I didnt want to let the deer OR you guys down. I hope the next guy (if there is one) gets the same. Rob and I talked about this very thing.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

We got your back back Jeff! Also on a not really related note....have you seen the buck you are after lately?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Mike.....

Nope. I saw him last year on 9/12.....then I didn't se ehim again until the day after Thanksgiving. Right now....if I were him....I'd be eating beans!

When they get on the acorns.....I'll stand a chance. Until then.....I think my buck sightings will be REALLY sparse. I've seen 2 velvet 6-pointers, so far. That doe, this morning.....was the most beautiful deer I've ever seen

Quick Reply: Humbled by the HNI Community....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.