Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Humbled by the HNI Community....

Old 09-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Humbled by the HNI Community....

I know what you mean about the beauty of that deer. I had one give me a little trouble last year. Man what a feeling when I found her. We touched on this subject a few weeks ago. I think you understand how I felt a bit better now. The relief, joy, pride, etc. .... overwhelming.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

i dont want to go into my deer recovery stories Jeff youve got what it takes, the definition of a true hunter.and by your attitude towards recovery you have personally changed me. you have actually matured me and my thoughts about deer. seriously, I lost more than one deer last year [&:]and after reading your threads i have thought back about my hunts and thought maye i could've put forth more effort, called a few buddys, instead of just giving up. So you talk about the support all of us has given you well i wanted you to know the change in heart youve put in me. Again, i say if this happens again gimme a buzz i wouldvemuch rather been there helpn you lookin than sittin here waitin on you.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Aaron....I honestly didn't think of that.....but it was also showing all the signs of a speedy recovery. Ya never know, huh?

You have my number. I can be at your place to help track/look/provide moral support in less than 1 hour. Thanks for your encouragement, last night.

To be honest, buddy......and I know this is gonna sound weird to many.....

I can't stand the thought of that deer......even dead.....knowing I'm giving up and knowing I'm walking outof the woods without her. We owe them our best efforts.

You've got my number if you need it.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just read you found her, congrats
Old 09-19-2007, 12:27 PM

This is definately why HNI is my favorite past time. Its like one big family. We share in each others happiness and sorrow. And for the most part everyone understands why. No one can explain it but we all understand. Its the love of the outdoors that binds us. "This is MADNESS!"...."THIS IS..HNI!" - 300.

yeah Im a movie nut[8D]

SteveO...Out
Old 09-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Dominant Buck

If I missed thanking anyone who responded in my original thread documenting my plight, last night.....it's an oversight that I regret.

I appreciate ALL of you guys.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff and I know how we feel, we talked it out on the phone, so I'm just gonna go ahead and thank everyone here on the HNI boards as well. I was taken back and very pleased and humbled as well at all the support and I go to very view boards and those I've seen, nothing compares to the community we have here. Such a diverse group from across the States, Canada and now our European friends. I'm humbled.

We all don't get along all the time, I'd never expect that. We're all individuals but we're all bowhunters. I'm glad to see we all come together when the chips are down, be it moral support for a fellow brother who needs us or against the odds when the industry needs us. You all rock.

Rob out!

Old 09-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Site Bouncer

I think most people have experienced what you have (bad run) at some point or another. I know I have, sometimes things just don't go as planned or turnout like theresupposed to do. I've had deer hit perfect, right through the heart run further than I ever expected them to.

I once lost a deer (gun season) that ran across an open field of tall grass after I shot her, I lost contactwith her for a split second and she was gone. I searched for 6 hours that night and couldn't find her. I gave up till the morning only to trip over her (literally) walking back to my truck....RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OPEN FIELD where she was running. I guess when I lost eyesight with her for that split second she must have augered in right there and I walked right past her. More than once because I kept going back to pick up the blood trail time and time again.[&:]

Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

^^^^^ I'm just glad we didn't have to see BigJ's pic again!

He's getting as much "airtime" as RD in the treestand!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

^^^^^ I'm just glad we didn't have to see BigJ's pic again!

He's getting as much "airtime" as RD in the treestand!
LMAO, man at times you all come up with some good one. I'm lucky I wasn't drinking something.

Quick Reply: Humbled by the HNI Community....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.