Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help!

Old 09-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need help!

Welcome to the forum and Welcome to hunting. It will take time. Just be patient and it will come. My little brother has been hunting for 8 years and I would bet up until last year he hasn't seen a half dozen deer total. The only reason he saw dee was because I put him in my stand. Keep your head up, it will come to you.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:03 PM

welcome to the world of hunting,be patient and persistent it will pay off trust me!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Keep at it the rewards are GREAT!!!!You have received some good advice, when they do come in, REMEMBER, if YOU can see the Deer's eyes, THEY can see and detect you!!! Watch your movement. When on stand, scan the area that is the closet to you first, then work your way out and around. They are crafty and have a way of SNEAKING up on you!!! B patient!!! Good Luck!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Ditto everyone else. Try moving between the bedding andfeeding areas.
More importantly, Enjoy the outdoors for what it is and the time you get to be there. Stressing out about not getting a deer is probably a good way to get burned out.. Enjoy the quiet time by yourself w/ Mother Nature.
Watch a bird or squirrel for a while. That will keep you still.
I find when I am watching some other critter is when those deer tend to appear behind me somehow.

Good luck and stick to it!!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love this stuff!
Reflecting back at your very first “Plan – B”. What plan are we on now boys? That is the cool part wannabe. If it were easy, they’d call it “killing” vs. “hunting”. Not to mention you’re new at this and you’re up against the most worthy opponent that exists. They are professionals at this game and you are a rookie. If they screw up, they die. Now go read some more info on hunting. Pay special attention to scent, listen to the others, but above all else, enjoy…

Monsters do exist you know. In the deer’s world, you are a monster. You can either be a big scary stinky monster that they run from and avoid at all costs; or you could be a professional monster, that they only catch wind of after they hear the sound… THAWACK!

The only difference between the two monsters is knowledge, patience and perseverance.

Good luck,

KP