Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Every shot......Version III (update page 7& 8)

Old 09-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Every shot......Version III

I'M WAITING...........................WELL............ .............

11:39

GOOD LUCK WITH HER
Old 09-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 09-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck with the search GMMAT. Been reading up on the other posts and truly hope things work out this go 'round. Aren't you up in PA? Hell, if you are (and i could be WAYYYY off) and it wasn't too far.. I'd be more than willing to help a fellow HN'er search for a downed deer.

Keep us posted.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: HammytheHunter

Good luck with the search GMMAT. Been reading up on the other posts and truly hope things work out this go 'round. Aren't you up in PA? Hell, if you are (and i could be WAYYYY off) and it wasn't too far.. I'd be more than willing to help a fellow HN'er search for a downed deer.

Keep us posted.
Hammy, way off bro, he's in NC...lol

Old 09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice thought though, Hammy... I'm sure most of us feel that way towards any HNI'er. Very nice to say though.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: HammytheHunter

Keep us posted.
Hammy, way off bro, he's in NC...lol
HAHAHAHA! Well the fact that you two talk on the phone a lot threw me for a loop. Thats what I get for taking a guess... I wouldn't make it far on Jeopardy!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 PM

And the verdict is....?
Old 09-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Bartender

*fingers crossed* I am guessing did a half circle around him.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Dominant Buck

2:24 and I'm back home without my doe.

We found a spray of blood at the POI. We found a few drops on either side of the trail I thought she took.....then nothing. We picked her trail up about 40 yds away......when she got to an old logging road. We found 2 drops, there. She had three choices from there......and I can't tell which way she went. If she sent straight.....she'd have had to go through a fence crossing. No blood at the crossing. If she went left....she'd be going uphill towards a horse pasture. if she went down hill......she'd be heading back "home". I've been out there for almost 5 hours......4 of those with my Labrador retriever. I had to get her home...she was parched....and I'm exhausted. i was up at 5:00 this morning (Tues) in Richmond, VA. I'm going to sleep for three hours and go back.

I can not for the life of me understand the lack of blood. I have shot Muzzy's for the best part of a year.....and to be honest....the blood trail's never been great. I'm sorry....just thinking out loud. I'll report back in the morning.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:34 AM

Hopefully a little better luck with some sunlight.

Quick Reply: Every shot......Version III (update page 7& 8)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.