Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LEGACY OR BOWTECH

Old 01-09-2003, 05:47 PM

Default LEGACY OR BOWTECH

Everybody was very helpful on my recent topic about the Matthews Legacy. But now cpahunter has throwed a kink in my plans. He mentioned a patriot to me. I have seen the ads and read some of your discussions on Bowtech bows, but I was set on a Matthews without wven knowing anything about Bowtechs. After doing just a very minor amount of researching I am going to a Bowtech dealer Saturday.I know some of you have had dealings with Bowtechs, I am going to look at an 03 Patriot, and an Extreme VFT. He told me he would have a Patriot Dually in next week. In regards to forgiveness how would you compare theese bows to the Legacy that I had my mind set on. I am going to check the fit and feel factors for myself Saturday. From the information I gathered the Bowtech bows are pretty fast, but does that speed come with too many sacrifices for a hunting bow. Any input will be GREATLY APPRECIATED. HOTLOAD
Old 01-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: LEGACY OR BOWTECH

Hotload.
By all means do yourself a favour and try the Bowtechs specially that DUALLY it is one sweet shooting bow.
I have one and have posted a report with pics in the Tech forum.
I also own a 02 Patriot.

When I was at the shop getting the dually I got to play with the vft and that is also a sweet bow.
Bowtech not only have a name for being fast bows but they are also good shooters with very little or no hand shock or vibration and they are whisper quite.

Aussie by birth Texan by choice
Old 01-10-2003, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

No comparison Patriot hands down . After seeing one I'm going to have to sell the Q2xl and place an order

We all have different oppinions , if we did'nt the world would be a BORING place
Old 01-10-2003, 06:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Most "speed bows" get their speed from a low brace height/heavily reflexed riser. The Bowtech bows offer moderate brace heights...in and around the range of 6.5 to 7.5 inches on most of their faster models. They do have a unique combination of components and overall design to create faster than average models. From personal experience I will say that their draw cycles are a little bit more "pronounced" than other bows with similar specs....which is the primary reason for the higher speed ratings.

Old 01-10-2003, 07:14 AM

I shot the VFT the other day. Granted, the draw length was a little long, but that was one harsh draw cycle. It also has shorter brace height than the Patriot, so probably less forgiving. I guess I'm used to drawing my smooth-as-butter Martin, but I would not want that bow. The Legacy I shot was very nice, draw-wise. I haven't shot the Patriot, single or dual cam, so I have no comparison.

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross
Old 01-10-2003, 10:20 AM

Thanks guys, I just dont know what I will end up with. I am certainly going to look at the Patriots, but I am going to wait and see what Matthews has to offer in their new line. If someone could tell me the main differances between the dually and the patriot that would sure help. Not so much the physical differance between them, but what those differances will make each bow do differant.
THANKS, HOTLOAD
Old 01-10-2003, 09:10 PM

Hi,

Go with the Mathews,the rest are wannebe counterfeits.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:32 PM

hotload I think the major difference is that you will get a lot more speed and KE out of the Dual cam Patriot.

aka MALENURSE, aka Cajun67
Aim hard, aim harder!!
Old 01-11-2003, 09:05 AM

i dont know what you shot but the bowtechs draw like a dream and stop with no give and there is no comparison between bowtech and matthews bowtech is top of the line so go with bowtech
Old 01-11-2003, 03:06 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Gotta see what's new at the ATA show in a week. Just like Christmas allover, but without the bills before hand.

Quick Reply: LEGACY OR BOWTECH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.