Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got ugly last night!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got ugly last night!!!

ORIGINAL: Germ

I would love to see some pictures

Pics the only way you believe anything... If I was a computor geek I would prob be posting pics cutting and pasting and all that stuff... But instead I was blessed with a very large ego and I had better things to do growing up

edit: women and children...nuff said.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

ORIGINAL: Germ

I would love to see some pictures

Pics the only way you believe anything... If I was a computor geek I would prob be posting pics cutting and pasting and all that stuff... But instead I was blessed with a very large ego and I had better things to do growing up
That's whatI thought

What does a large pancreas have to do with anything

You have serious issues
Old 09-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Welp I know you guys could care less... But I felt like I had to post...

I've got this section of woods that I hunt that is next to a farm... I don't have permission to hunt the farm... But the woods next to it are county right of way... So I figure I pay tax's, so I hunt itAnyhow the guys who have permission to hunt the farm try everything in there power to keep me outThey have went as far as to post the woods on the right of way as there private propertyAnyhow I walked into the woods around 3:00 and low and behold I walk up on a bedded doe, a big ol corn feed doe... She was about 25 yards when I saw her... She seen me but didn't budge(go figure) I had to put my stand down open my fanny pack get my release out knock a arrow draw on her and take like 2 or 3 steps closer to get a better shot... I shot her in her bed and the arrow went in and hit the spine(no tracking job) I decided to field dress her and leave her and go in and hang a stand and hunt the rest of the eveningWell I get in my stand around around 4:00... Around 6:45 I see movment and it's another corn feed giant 15 yards on a deer trail so worn it looked like a bike path... I decided to let the air out of her to... Gave her a little bleat with my voice and stopped her... Drilled her right threw both shoulders... She turned and ran like a skulded dog... Got out of the stand picked up the arrow... Saturated Decided that she was down and went after the trail... She went about 60 yards... Not a bad day huh Well it's 11:55 and I will be headind back for round twoI think I'll be taking horns now that I knocked the edge off...
Do you treat all land this way? Where I hunt there is some city right of way ground...but it is closed to hunting. If paying taxes was the only deciding factor...I'd have a lot bigger deer on the wall.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:00 AM

Heck Dude, nice hunting!!!!

I hunt at my Dad's 5 acres where his house is. The quarter section on the other side of the fence is a hunting lease. Of course, they aren't as perticular about me hunting there, I've seen a couple of deer but I can't seem to get them into bow range.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Two big corn fed does in one night ... thats just awesome , congrats Mr. Longbeard.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing that I can add to this is that if I'd been blessed with a very large ego I probably would've never taken up bowhunting....
Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't want to lock it/ delete it so I had to fix it, young boys and girls here. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can we just say he has a big head?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats Mr. Longbeard.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some of you guys need to get in the woods and off the computer for a while.....

Quick Reply: Got ugly last night!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.