Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buying Land Options

Old 09-18-2007, 03:35 PM

Default RE: Buying Land Options

I'm not sure if it is available up north, but here in the southeast almost everyone uses a bank called farmcredit. they're great. they really helped me out being a first time buyer and have many programs for the younger guys trying to get a piece of dirt.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:58 PM
dws

You would probably have better luck dealing with a small local bank. From my experiences they will be more likely to loan for bare ground for less interest than the large banks. If not then check with your local farm credit bureau. Another way is to get a home equity line of credit. If you have enough equity in your home that would be a very good way to do it as long as your a responsible person and actually pay off the principal instead of interest only payments. That interest can also be deducted from your income tax along with any property tax you would pay. I always look at it this way, any home equity you have that is not being used to make money, is just like losing money.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:35 PM

Interest only mortgage dude.

That's what I got. amortized over 25 years with zero money down! got a great rate too.

AS LONG AS YOU PAY MORE THAN YOUR MINIMUM MONTHLY INTEREST ONLY PAYMENT....you'll be in good shape.

If all you pay is your minimum interest figure....you'll end up paying a million dollars for land you never "own"