Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

taking off work to hunt

Old 09-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default taking off work to hunt

Who, if anybody lol, takes off work to hunt once in a while. While I love to hunt, I do have bills and I hate taking off frequently just for the simple fact of having a work ethic and pleasing my parents (who wont really say anything because im 21 and can chose for myself, I just like to appease them whenI can).I was going to take off and hunt this afternoon, but Im not sure what to do. Ihardly every take off.I will be able to hunt later this week, but wont be able to get another night hunt in until this weekend, which is my favorite time to hunt. later in the season I tend to be able to hold off because I have been hunting for a few months, but this is 1st week so I would love to catch a night hunt. Sort of a dilemma lol

How much do you, or dont you, take off work to hunt?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: taking off work to hunt

I'm self employed so I schedule my time off,sorry.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

I have 5 weeks vacation so I use 1 week with the fam and the rest for hunting.
Fork Horn

That's the beauty of owning my own business. I can take off and hunt pretty much when I want. When I was younger, I just took off when I could meet all of my responsibilities. If my pay would cover the rent and bills and I had time off, the boss wouldn't lose his mind, I would hunt. If you don't feel good about it, it probably is the wrong thing to do.
Nontypical Buck

I'm lucky enough that I have 2 different spots within about 20 minutes of the office. I try to leave a few minutes early to beat the 5:00 rush. Once the time changes that gets screwed up though! I always take a few days off in November to hopefully catch the peak of the rut!!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never for 1 second have I ever felt guilty for taking off work to hunt.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

I save allmy vacation and them I also take some unpaid days to hunt. I dont feel bad at all. Thats one of the beauties of being single!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:18 AM

I save all my vacation and sick time for hunting.. Well, once in a while a vet or dr. appt has to happen. But, out of my 4 weeks, 3 1/2 go to hunting now.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 weeks of vacation during hunting season. I only hunt for around a week and a half, and spend the rest of the time with my wife and daughter.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:43 AM

ive kinda got it pretty nice. my job isnt dependant on anyone else in the company so if a cold front moves in (in the forcast) i can give fairly short notice, and go. but besides that ive already got nov.5-9 off. (s.e.kansas)

Quick Reply: taking off work to hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.