Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow riser blocking site window...normal?

Old 09-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default bow riser blocking site window...normal?

On my bow (PSE Stingray, Trophy Ridge Mantis pendulum site) my site window is partially blocked by the bow riser. Is there any suggestions on how to eliminate the site window blocking, or is this normal?

Rick C.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow riser blocking site window...normal?

If I am reading this correctly,you cant see all your site due to the riser blocking most of it?
I would say your bow needs the centershot set(move the rest) and the site has to be moved over some more.
Put an arrow on your string-now line the string up with your bottom cam-hold the bow steady and see if the arrow lines up with your site pins-this will tell you how to get the centershot(arrow rest) and sites in the comfort zone.Some tuning will be required

PS--if everything is good,or setup by a shop,my only other concern is your are really torquing the bow.Ease up on your grip,have it just sit in the palm of your hand when shooting---Hopefully all this helps
Old 09-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: extreme1

If I am reading this correctly,you cant see all your site due to the riser blocking most of it?
I would say your bow needs the centershot set(move the rest) and the site has to be moved over some more.
Put an arrow on your string-now line the string up with your bottom cam-hold the bow steady and see if the arrow lines up with your site pins-this will tell you how to get the centershot(arrow rest) and sites in the comfort zone.Some tuning will be required
Extreme,
I would say that about 1/4 of the right side of my site is blocked by the riser. The bow was tuned recently at my local shop, sothe center shot should be correct.

-Rick C.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

mine does that too. Can't wait to hear what others say.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried lining your string up with the bottom cam (placing an arrow of course) and see whats going on?
Torquing the bow-To tight of grip?
Have you paper tuned the bow? Are the arrows hitting the target straight on or are they going in on an angle?

In order for you not being able to see 1/4 of the site,something just isnt right.
My guess then,if the bow was tuned at the shop(assuming correctly) then its the torquing.
Sorry I couldent be of more help[]
Old 09-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'd love to see a photo or video of you at full draw. When this happens I normally see the anchor point too high. Meaning your nock is too low when your at full draw causing you to launch your arrow upward too much thusly having to raise the sights.

Bring your nock/arrow/kisser or whatever you use up toward your mouth more depending and it'll lower your point of impact plus lower your sights.

OR, lower your peep, it'll raise your nock point, lowering your bow, opening your sight window of the riser.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I'd love to see a photo or video of you at full draw. When this happens I normally see the anchor point too high. Meaning your nock is too low when your at full draw causing you to launch your arrow upward too much thusly having to raise the sights.

Bring your nock/arrow/kisser or whatever you use up toward your mouth more depending and it'll lower your point of impact plus lower your sights.

OR, lower your peep, it'll raise your nock point, lowering your bow, opening your sight window of the riser.
Rob,
Verically there is no problem, just horizontally the right side of the site window is blocked by the riser. The bow is tuned, so the left/right adjustment of the rest should becorrect, as well as the nock point. My achor point is the right side tip ofmy nose on the left side of the bow string, pretty standard anchor point.

Maybe the only solution is to get a different bow where the riser is curved further outward to prevent blocking the site window?

-Rick C.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 AM

I have no experience with your make and model of bow. But with all the others I've worked with I've never seen a properly tuned bow have this problem. I agree with previous posts that the bow either isn't centershot or your shooting form needs some work.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm sorry Rick, I misunderstood, normally it's height issue.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

I have no experience with your make and model of bow. But with all the others I've worked with I've never seen a properly tuned bow have this problem. I agree with previous posts that the bow either isn't centershot or your shooting form needs some work.
I guess the first thing I need to do is to speak with the shop that tuned it and see if they have any ideas, double check the center shot.

Thanks for the suggestions.

-Rick C.

Quick Reply: bow riser blocking site window...normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.