Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Response from MD Professor Bashing Bow Article

Old 09-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Response from MD Professor Bashing Bow Article

If you haven't read this, this is where this was originated. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2317082

From this yahoo after I chastised him for his pathetic article:

[/align] [blockquote] =Dear Mr. Poorman,[/align] Please excuse the tardiness of my reply. I honestly had no clue that my Op-Ed piece would receive this level of attention -- worldwide now. It is beyond my wildest dreams. I have received an enormous number of emails that I am trying to respond to individually, while working my full-time job, too.

I'm not exactly sure of how to respond to your definition of me, but I do have a request if you don't mind? Would you consider becoming a member of the NRA like I am, or consider re-upping your membership if you already are one? While they are misguided on the sport hunting issues as I see it, they are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment and we can use all the help we can get there, don't you think? Thanks, Joe Lamp

My response:

Dear Mr. Lamp [/align] If you are a member of the NRA as you claim and still consider bowhunting in the light that you do than I have less respect for you than I did previously. I find it appalling that another "sportsman" would degrade another's choice of weaponry to further gain in their agenda. [/align] [/align] Are you a hunter or just a gun owner? I would love to say more however, that last question needs answered first before I go on and tell you of the horrors that I have seen on whitetails due to guns, NOT BOWS yet I fully support gun seasons throughout the United States. [/align] [/align] Rob Poorman[/align]
[/align][/blockquote]
Old 09-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Response from MD Professor Bashing Bow Article

Rob I may be wrong but sounds to me like he is dodgeing your questions--Kinda like he really don't know what he talking about--But we figured that out already!!!!

Keep at him---you'll pin him !!![]
Old 09-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow... this guy is really a qwack! good responses rob... Id write more, but im on the way to the woods!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

For some reason he seems to think the NRA is a shield to protect him from criticism, or hes trying to get bowhunters and gunhunters to appose one another. Typical PETA, the more crap we sling at each other the more they have to use against us. Chose words wisely when exchanging them with this type, no telling what his real motives are, he is not a sportsman!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:14 PM

I sent him one myself. I was rather direct, but I was smiling when I trounced on his silliy posture.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

For some reason he seems to think the NRA is a shield to protect him from criticism, or hes trying to get bowhunters and gunhunters to appose one another. Typical PETA, the more crap we sling at each other the more they have to use against us. Chose words wisely when exchanging them with this type, no telling what his real motives are, he is not a sportsman!
I agree with Sliverflicker on this one,How is the NRA misguided on hunting issues,I believe they support hunting....the American Hunter mag. even features articles on bowhunting.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Note: emailing Mr Lamp will do nothing to change his mind, and he is only one person!
Only well thought out Rebuttals, by cool headed individuals,emailed to the papers editorial section will give justification to the non hunting public for what we do as bowhunters, after someone like this has an article printed in such news papers!

However it does makeus feel better to email such an indiviual and let them know you think they are Butt Wipe. Cool
Old 09-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol all i have to say it lol lol

he must be from move on .org
Old 09-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a reply from him too. He pretty much dodged my questions on the issue. Said my questions strayed from his original topic of bowhunting causing suffering for the animals. Seems he only has an issue with bowhunting. But wants us to helpwith his gun rights.[:'(][:'(][:'(]

He doesn't deserve any more of my time. It will only be wasted on him.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Dominant Buck

When Mr. Lamp writes an article on the NRA, Rob.....inform him you'd be happy to critique THAT piece at THAT time.

Right now, though....let's stick to the article at hand.

Deflection. Nothing else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.