Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Response from MD Professor Bashing Bow Article

Old 09-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Response from MD Professor Bashing Bow Article

he propley owns a gun store nd does not sell bows so he wote the paper to get people to switch from bow to gun there for he sells more guns lol
Old 09-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW, another opinion against bowhunters from a guy that has never even bowhunted. He knows how to steer around ??? though. What an einstein!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

bloodcreek that is very very un nesseccery why would you demean eninstein like that that guy does not deserve to have his name or papaer used in the same pot with einstein

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

WOW, another opinion against bowhunters from a guy that has never even bowhunted. He knows how to steer around ??? though. What an einstein!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guess your right bigtime, i had just woke up after working a night shift, my head was not clear yet. good catch!
ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

bloodcreek that is very very un nesseccery why would you demean eninstein like that that guy does not deserve to have his name or papaer used in the same pot with einstein

Old 09-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Rob! Very well put. I emailed him also as did several of friends/coworkers.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Interesting. I wonder what the NRA thinks about it? Don't know why he brought it up, but since he did he might as well be hung with it.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:32 PM

As a nonhunter, I am the lone voice opposing bow hunting on DNR's nine-member Wildlife Advisory Commission. The eight other hunters and farmers serving on the commission always outvote me when I stand up for the deer. Yet few people on the animals' side know the Wildlife Advisory Commission exists.

That was taken from his "article." So I guess he just likes to shoot at targets if anything. I'd like to tell you want I think of him, but this is a family website
Old 09-16-2007, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

no proplem i do that to not thta i had a proplem with your post thought it was kinda funny

Guess your right bigtime, i had just woke up after working a night shift, my head was not clear yet. good catch!
ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

Old 09-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

If you haven't read this, this is where this was originated. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2317082

From this yahoo after I chastised him for his pathetic article:

[/align][blockquote]=Dear Mr. Poorman,
[/align] Please excuse the tardiness of my reply. I honestly had no clue that my Op-Ed piece would receive this level of attention -- worldwide now. It is beyond my wildest dreams. I have received an enormous number of emails that I am trying to respond to individually, while working my full-time job, too.

I'm not exactly sure of how to respond to your definition of me, but I do have a request if you don't mind? Would you consider becoming a member of the NRA like I am, or consider re-upping your membership if you already are one? While they are misguided on the sport hunting issues as I see it, they are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment and we can use all the help we can get there, don't you think? Thanks, Joe Lamp

My response:

Dear Mr. Lamp
[/align]If you are a member of the NRA as you claim and still consider bowhunting in the light that you do than I have less respect for you than I did previously. I find it appalling that another "sportsman" would degrade another's choice of weaponry to further gain in their agenda.
[/align]
[/align]Are you a hunter or just a gun owner? I would love to say more however, that last question needs answered first before I go on and tell you of the horrors that I have seen on whitetails due to guns, NOT BOWS yet I fully support gun seasons throughout the United States.
[/align]
[/align]Rob Poorman
[/align]

[/align][/blockquote]
Rob,
I’m sorry, but I think you made a classic mistake in your argument. First of all, I’m not convinced that this guy belongs to the NRA at all, and this was a tactic that he used to lure you in, and it seemed like it worked. By adding the little NRA tidbit he was able to shiftthe focus away from defending bow hunting, to you “the hunter” denouncing gun hunting with an assertion (a generalized statement with no supporting data), which you may know is used in many forms of marketing and propaganda to sway the opinion of the public.
To sum it up, your response seems to make all forms of hunting look bad, or worse, and did nothing to dispute his allegations. Sorry, but your words need to be chosen with a little more creativity. He played you, and he seemed to do it well.
KP

Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, that's nicer than the reply I got from the Hypershock/Darton guy who videotaped his kid shooting that tame deer in Texas.

All I got was a profanity-laced PM on myspace, riddled with personal insults and he was even nice enough to accuse me of being "an animal rights activist,"a homosexual,and a "real ***hole." LMAO. He seemed like a real nice guy, a salt-of-the-earth kinda person. You know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.