Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My hunting spot...

Old 09-14-2007, 10:20 AM

Default My hunting spot...

With hunting season starting next weekend for me I figure I would post an aerial view of where I am hunting. I am looking for some feedback on the location. It is approximately .5 mile from the parking spot to my tree to give you an idea.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Default RE: My hunting spot...

i would be closer to the private land right on the edge
Old 09-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's hard to tell from that photo alone although I must say that's the nicest touched up aerial photo that I've ever seen on here.

Could you post one with a farther field of view. How large is that swamp land? How's this spot treated you in the past? Is that a drive way to the private land that passes your stand sight and if so, wouldn't that make a shorter walk? That is depending on where the deer are at, at the time of entry.

Also, two things, where do the deer come and where do they go when at your stand?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob im with you here looks like easier walking down that road or path... I think the questions Rob asked need answered b-4 any advice can be given. You did mention food plots if so move closer to them?
Old 09-14-2007, 12:29 PM

Okay, here is how the wildlife moves in the area. The swamp land is pretty big. There is a good size river that is just south of where the map is cut off. The private land isn't marked real well. The fence has been torn down I don't want any trouble from the law so I backed off a safe distance on a trail the the wildlife is moving on. The arrow is marked the way I am facing in my stand. There is a large acorn tree about 40 yards in front of my stand that something has been eating, then the deer trail follows next to my stand into the thick palmettos and acorn trees. I could come in on that road but the woods directly behind my stand are very thick and the other way I come in is much easier...although a little longer.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:38 PM

Here is a zoomed out view with only my stand marked for reference.

I am going to make a full map with trails and stuff to give a better idea. Be back!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:28 PM