Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To mount, or not to mount?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:03 PM

Default RE: To mount, or not to mount?

I asked myself the same question about a girl i know.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

I'm with the majority...if I'm not going to mount it, I won't shoot it. However, I will shoot plenty of does, and an occasional cow elk for meat every year. If it's got horns, antlers, fangs or claws, it just has to be huge!

Old 09-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personaly if its a good one its getting mounted. A Guy just to upgrade his man room sometimes just act like itsremodling I may even do a euro just for something different.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Bartender

LOL hoefully, I like that
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You heard it here, first, mobo.....

If I don't intend to get it mounted....I won't shoot it (buck). I reserve the right to alter this outlook in the case of an injury or something "special" about the hunt....but I doubt these will occur (never know).

Icould conceivably never pull the trigger on another buck....lol.

If I shoot the buck I'm after this year.....I may never have another one mounted. Turkeys? Different story. I want a full strut mount and a flying mount to go with the standing mount I have coming. I also want to hoefully have a mount of a pronghorn (come on '09).

Really, though.....I see me with about 2 0r 3 deer mounts......that's all.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:48 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I've only everhad 2 mounted for me. Well the 2nd one should be done soon.Wehad Tyler's velvet buck ( 1st bow buck ) mountedfrom 3 years ago which actually was the firstone. Unless Tyler drills a big buck, I doubt we will get any mounted this year. Saving up for the elktrip out to Troy's. If we are lucky... we will be having an elk to be mounted next year.

Otherwise it has to be 150 or better/ a buck with a lot of historyafter the 1st mounted buck/deer per family memberin this household.Britney says if she shoots a doe... wewill have tohave it mounted if it is her first deer when she starts hunting.

Some day I willtake a cape from a buck I shoot and have my rack off my very first bowbuckmounted up. It only been 24 years since I shot him, he can wait a couple more years.

We willsave the capes though and have them tanned just incase I come into money some day. Our taxidermist also will trade capes for horn mounts.

Not into the euro mounts. Wife mentioned something about shooting me and mounting my arse to the wall should I ever think about trying to bring a skull into the house to hang.

Tim
Old 09-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Typical Buck

Dink, if you held you hands up like a rack it would score at least 190 with those fat fingers you got

Dink is Love
Old 09-13-2007, 12:51 AM

I would have to kill a decent buck to mount it. I have taken a spike and a four pointer and have skull cap mounts that i am going to have made. If i shoot a decent buck (100" or better) I will definitely have it mounted. I am a poor college student that is about $30,000 in debt but would work harder to come up with the money to get a mount done if it was big enough.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, thats real good coming from a man that has more hair than sasquach [8D]My fingers are not fat Damit!!
ORIGINAL: honcho12

Dink, if you held you hands up like a rack it would score at least 190 with those fat fingers you got

Dink is Love
Old 09-13-2007, 04:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

While I would love to keep shooting bucks and turning them into shoulder mounts, I don't feel like buying a new house. I will still get ones scoring 140+ mounted, but anything under that is going to get a skull mount.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I mount all my god ones!!! I'm with Bird on this one I wont shoot them if I'm not going to mount it!! Unless it's a tastey doe!!!! Walt

Quick Reply: To mount, or not to mount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.