Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camo Comparison

Old 09-12-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Camo Comparison

I currently am using seclusion 3d camo. I have recently been looking at other camo. I have read great reviews about the Predator camo in Fall Gray and Deception. I hunt the thicker wooded areas of MN primarily from a tree. I am looking for opinions and/or photos. Not photos the manufacturer has set up, but real-life situations. I am probably opening up a can of worms here, but unleash your opinions.

Thanks,
Erik
Old 09-12-2007, 08:15 PM

Default RE: Camo Comparison

Here's one.......And it ain't Predator.....

Old 09-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 09-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a good one showing how Predator's contrast breaks up the body, while the camo with shelf-appeal simply blobs at greater than arm's length:

That is an older version of Fall Gray... today's isn't as predominantlylight gray; it's broken up better. This is Fall Gray in Wolfskin from Gray Wolf Woolens:

Another from Huntingnet's own Rutt, who accidentally tripped his trail camera while walking through the woods:

I shot thisold mature doe in early season last year with triplets in tow at 14 yards or so.... Can't get much more wary than that. Note the greenery in the backdrop. What you see me wearing is what I was wearing when I shot her; that's because the color variations don't matter a bit to the deer! In black and white photos, Fall Gray or Fall Greenlooks the same.

Here's a great black and white photo of three guys in black and white. This is an awesome example of how those segmented, contrasting blocks I talk about so frequently simply obliterates the human outline:

My next order from Gray Wolf Woolens... Winter White. Gray Wolf is the only remaining place to get this pattern in shirts and a pant:

Though Fall Gray doesn't look all that bad in snowy conditions, either:

Just another good example of that contrast breaking up the outline so well:

Old 09-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Here's a great black and white photo of three guys in black and white. This is an awesome example of how those segmented, contrasting blocks I talk about so frequently simply obliterates the human outline:

Greg, I know that picture is not yours so I can comment on it freely.

Now I'm not knocking the camo above, Predator Fall Grey is a pefect camo in this situation however this photograph is doctored....it's set in HIGH CONTRAST to fool the onlooker. Notice the crisps lines in everything...example: My buddy Kurt in Enigma just after a miss. See how the picture is manipulated to make the camo....better. Same as the picture above.

Again, not knocking the camo at all, I love Predator Fall Grey under the right circumstance.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good point, Rob... I didn't realize that when I "snagged" it off the internet. Good catch.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks bud, I didn't want Predator Fall Grey to look doctored cause it can stand on it's own and be fantastic camo.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob,look at your orange vest in the black and whitepic you posted above.

That is the best I have seen any camo blend in in a certain scenario.It matches the tree to a T.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Does anyone have the pic of the guy in the hawaiin shirt in black and white in a tree,that was a great camo picture?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Rob,look at your orange vest in the black and whitepic you posted above.

That is the best I have seen any camo blend in in a certain scenario.It matches the tree to a T.

I know, now if someone would take that vest pattern and put it on a light tan background, WOW...I figure if I have to wear Orange, it's going to be orange camo. That was taken in rifle season as I sat out with the landowner.

But probably what Predator, Enigma and ASAT have done, prolly why I own all 3.

Quick Reply: Camo Comparison

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.