Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does w/ Fawns....Not a debate....just information

Old 09-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Bartender

Default RE: Does w/ Fawns....Not a debate....just information

Right now you were not sure about shooting them and a month ago you were. Now answer my other one down below.

Well on page 5 now
Old 09-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Dominant Buck

First things first. The scenario you posted a while back ..... and the answer I gave, then....was about fawns. Different animal (so to speak). My thread today is talking about killing mama.

I was thinking about it this morning and is this the same spot you searched for that downed doe? If so that can have a lot to do with no sighting. After a kill by mine I get nothing for awhile even on cams.
Just a thought.
Nope. Like I said....it's the first time I've been into this spot all year. Though I agree with your assessment. I'm going back to the Saturday spot, this evening.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Bartender

Ok, Good luck
Old 09-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Bartender

Actually it stated to shoot either as well as wack just a fawn but its all good.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

First things first. The scenario you posted a while back ..... and the answer I gave, then....was about fawns. Different animal (so to speak). My thread today is talking about killing mama.

I was thinking about it this morning and is this the same spot you searched for that downed doe? If so that can have a lot to do with no sighting. After a kill by mine I get nothing for awhile even on cams.
Just a thought.
Nope. Like I said....it's the first time I've been into this spot all year. Though I agree with your assessment. I'm going back to the Saturday spot, this evening.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Dominant Buck

If you'll remember....I posted some photos of a few MD deer that a memeber of another site I visit (NC Deer) took while he was working with the MD Nat resources office (Not sure of the proper name for the entity) this past summer.

He'd posted on our state site about his doe he took here, Saturday morning....and how she had a fawn with her. I've been torn on this morally.....so I inquired to him about the question I had.....

Will the fawns survive....if I take out mama, now?
Just to clear things up.....I had always questioned shooting does with spotted fawns.....AND shooting spotted fawns.....until I read this info. on another board (see above).

I'm adapting.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Good point Jeff. I never even thought about the late breeders.

Even still though, I wouldn't have expected to see any milk in mid November. However, given the same deal, I'd take the shot again. Also, to be honest, I thought that they were both decent does when I shot. When I saw the milk is when I figured that I shot mama.
Now, if a fawn has spots,....that would be a little different, I don't think I could do it either.

Good luck,
Waid
Old 09-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

I didnt even read this before my new post but it`s along the same lines so I have an opinion on this already preconcieved-I would`nt shoot due to the fact that in Mn. we have so many wolves by my cabin( close to the can. border) that Thefawnswould`nt stand a chance against the preditors.