Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does w/ Fawns....Not a debate....just information

Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does w/ Fawns....Not a debate....just information

ORIGINAL: mcouey

Are you in unit "L" of Tennessee?
Yes, I am.
I'm in unit "A".I wish I couldshoot 3 does a day!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

GR8:

How many people would believe I went into my honey hole for the first time, yesterday.....perfect wind.....and saw zero deer?

I saw 30 on one occasion, last year. I average just over 7 sightings per sit ('06 numbers) and am averaging 5 per sit, this season. If they stayed down (sightings)....I'd know the farmer to my South and I are on the right track.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

ORIGINAL: gplant

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d.
Understood..But I'm not seeing 30+ deer a sitting..I know my area as well, and we can carry a lot more deer than we have.

Honestly I'd be more apt to shoot the young'en and eat good.. than shoot Mom..at least I would know that fawns fate was swift and involvedvery littlesufferring.
I ment this in Jeffs case. I was just saying that Im a softy when it comes to the little ones. oh yea them little guys are very tasty!!!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh I believe ya GMMAT..We can kid each other all we want. But at the end of the day, it's still calledHunting..anything can..and usually does happen.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sucks to kill a doe and have her fawn(s) milling around when you go to pick her up.
I have passed does for this reason, and just enjoyed watching them. But I don't begrudge anyone
for doing it. I also think that common sense tells you that fawn mortality rate would be higher
without the mama, but I'm sure that most would make it fine.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The state wouldn't have the season open if they didn't think the fawns would survive without mama.

I shoot them with or without fawns. I think you're just an ol' softy.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Holy lord
Cowboy up Gentlemen
I have watch my favorite MI hunter shoot the mom. Wait for the fawn to come back and shoot it also
Last year when I shot mom, little missy needed to hang around 5 seconds longer Do you think a predator cares?
I will not shoot animal for a "feeling" reason. It's a real slippery slope from there IMO.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're a good man Jeff. You're just not used to killing a mother in front of her children. Just keep practicing, and it'll get easy. Heck, take a fawn too. They make great freezer pets!

All kidding aside, I will not pass up a doe if I have a tag. And if it's cool, I won't even get down or quit hunting. She is a great lure. Now it's time for the bleet can...
Old 09-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Holy lord
Cowboy up Gentlemen
I have watch my favorite MI hunter shoot the mom. Wait for the fawn to come back and shoot it also
Last year when I shot mom, little missy needed to hang around 5 seconds longer Do you think a predator cares?
I will not shoot animal for a "feeling" reason. It's a real slippery slope from there IMO.
Hey tough guy Hunting is all about emotion and feeling, if your shutting it out your missing th best part!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

ORIGINAL: Germ

Holy lord
Cowboy up Gentlemen
Hey tough guy Hunting is all about emotion and feeling, if your shutting it out your missing th best part!
sappy feelings I shut out[:-]

Nothing wrong with choosing not to shoot any deer, your choice, I just reserve the right to crap about it

Quick Reply: Does w/ Fawns....Not a debate....just information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.