Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck growl!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Spike

Default Buck growl!!!

do any of you out there have the new buck growl from mad calls. if you do have you had any success with it i got it and itsounds sweet. i cant wait to try it in november!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Buck growl!!!

I got one as a Christmas gift last year..Haven't even opened it yet.

So I'll be interested in replies also.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Trust me it works, use it late oct-mid nov you should have luck as I did on Nov 3rd last year.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

another shot.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:54 AM

I GOT ONE ALSO,I HAVENT USED IT YET BUT IVE SEEN NUMEROUS VIDEOS USING THE GROWL AND IT GETS AN AWESOME RESPONSE, PLUS THE GROWL HAS THE BEST TONE OF ANY CALL IVE HEARD
Old 09-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

the grunt part of it sounds good, but the growl part is junk.... never worked for me...
Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

You really have to practice with it and use the growl only during the estrus cycle or it will more than likely wont work, also helps if you have a good buck to doe ration.
ORIGINAL: wilk

the grunt part of it sounds good, but the growl part is junk.... never worked for me...
Old 09-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

I use the Buck Roar from Primos and it is awesome!!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Can you say Snake Oil/Gimmick. In fact, on a recent show Drury boys were high lighting the top and hottest calls for this up coming season. Calls they felt were the ultimate and sure things. Of course they high lighted their TWO (2) new and ultimate calls. Surprisingly, last years "MUST HAVE" call, the growler, wasn't even mentioned. You really don't need to spend a ton on a call because they say so. A plain simple good grunt tube is by far best of the best... and then used only sparingly at the right time of year. I've hunted deer for 50 years, spend 50-60 days in a tree each year(in as many as 5 states in a year), have viewed and seen thousands of deer and have really only heard deer go vocal a few times. Most of those were little shoving matches or running on the tail of a hot doe and you aren't going to turn that bad boy at all. I've used a grunt tube successfully a few times but most often when a deer slipped by and didn't come in close enough. When they were out of sight I hit a low grunt 3 or 4 times and maybe tickle some horns or a rattle box. A few came back. The say if you can clearly see a deer you shouldn't be doing anything. If you got trees and brush in the way....OK. These guys have to come up with something newer and better... but it's usually just newer and better for their bank account. Another reason Drury boys have fallen from favor with me. They used to be about hunting. Now they're about soap opera television and marketing new toys that someone dreams up in the off season. How many times have you seen a deer coming and it's bright sunshine or something or maybe cloudy. They cut toa picture of a guy blowing his newest MUST HAVE pipe and it's rainy or sunny when it ws rainy on the deer or something. Staged blowing and simple editing bring the two together for your TV viewing.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

i just got one and have not got to use it int he field i noticed that like most grant calls it as a place for a rubbergasket type thingon the reed but there is not on on the growl anyone eles noticed this

Quick Reply: Buck growl!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.