Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Honey Hole bmp map...

Old 09-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Honey Hole bmp map...

Okay, I sorta have this bmp thing down, somewhat thanks to Buck Slayer. The unfortunate thing is I can't find a good site that zooms in very well to my area of the country.

Looking at the map above, this is my honey hole. I have the treestand locations marked in Red, the white marks are my walk in paths. I can hunt the hole area in deep red as well as the area in baby blue. The baby blue is my family farm. The green is soybean, the yellow is corn this year. The flourescent green is my food plot. The area north west of my food plot is a thick bedding area. There are other bedding areas throughout the family farm as well as the bigger woods. The food plot is in a well used funnel between the two woodlots. This has treated me very well. I've killed bucks from all three treestand locations. The field north of my stands is also beans. The property north of this goes from a recreation area into a christmas tree farm. I've narrowed these stand sites from 25 years of hunting this property. There are few other "great" choices.

To give you scale, the family farm in baby blue is 44 acres.

To give some insight.

Here's a picture of the first stand that is hung over the food plot:

And looking out from the food plot stand looking west toward the other stand:

This is from the west stand looking west toward the corn fields to the west and from this stand I shot last years buck:

Same stand looking south east toward the food plot stand, from last year:

My buck last year came out under the food plot stand and I called him down that path to this stand.

Here's a shot from the nothern most stand looking toward the recreation area looking north, took my best buck from this stand.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Honey Hole bmp map...

looks like you have it down, good looking place by the way. Have you tried google earth, its got a fairly good zoom?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

blood, mobow asked me the same thing. I downloaded it hoping but it sucks just for my area. Apparently my area of PA isn't updated.[:'(] I checked out GMMATs where I hunted with him and told him I could practically see his hot tub at his house...in my area, you can't even see what a house is, it doesn't focus at all..[&:]
Old 09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I saw his hot tub from sat at 1 am and it wasn't a pretty sight. I have to ask what was blow up doll for? HOV restrictions? Why so many guys?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like your layout......i hope when i am done with college that i can own land....
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

Good set up Rob, what a blessing!!! You should see some good deer. I like how you have the 3 stands for the wind changes.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Dominant Buck

LOL, Fieldmouse. Believe me.....if Rob could see my hot tub from that site......he'd have it saved to his favorites .

Old 09-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Bartender

SPEECHLESS for once
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

LOL, Fieldmouse. Believe me.....if Rob could see my hot tub from that site......he'd have it saved to his favorites .

Old 09-12-2007, 05:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

You two married waaaaaay up

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Old 09-12-2007, 05:32 AM
Bartender

May I put this as my avatar so I see it more often?

Quick Reply: Honey Hole bmp map...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.