Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UV Killers

Old 09-11-2007, 07:40 PM

Default UV Killers

The scent killer post got me thinking. A few years ago they had a product out that was a Ultra Viloet(UV) killer spray for clothes. It supposedly blocked UV reflection in clothes which was in the Blue spectrum. Of course, we have been taught to think that deer do not seein the red but the blue spectrum. Is this product still available, or did we the consumer decide it didn't work and took it off the market because of lack of sales? Personally, I killed the biggest deer to date for me using it!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: UV Killers

You can buy scent free detergent without "brightners" that do the same thing as UV block. I think it helps, especially knowing the deer can see blue/violet better than any other color.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UV Killers

They don't usually specify UV brighteners on the label per se, but if they claim brighter colors then you can be sure they are in there. Read labels carefully. I once purchased unscented antiperspirant, yet it seemed to have a faint odor. Upon reading the ingredients the last one was "fragrance". Now how can they call that unscented?