Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mosquitos in Wisconsin

Old 09-11-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Mosquitos in Wisconsin

I am heading out to hunt in Wisconsin the week of Sept 22 and I hear that the bugs are horrbile, but you are supposed to get a real cold snap starting tonight. Just wondering if someone can give me an update if the bugs are gone???
Old 09-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mosquitos in Wisconsin

The bugs arnt bad right now with this cold snap but I would bring a therma cell just incase we get some warm days. Where in the state are you going to hunt
Old 09-11-2007, 07:52 PM

I'm from Columbia County, and trust me the bugs have been bad there (I'm at school in Racine/Kenosha right now)as of late, I was darn near carried away this past weekend! This cold should help, but ditto on the thermacell (our walmart is sold out)
Old 09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

Well good luck hunting hope you see alot of deer while you out, and hope you have a head net to wear so the bugs don't bother you.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: burbaust99

I'm from Columbia County, and trust me the bugs have been bad there (I'm at school in Racine/Kenosha right now)as of late, I was darn near carried away this past weekend! This cold should help, but ditto on the thermacell (our walmart is sold out)
I hunt near you,closer to the Dells, just off 16
Old 09-11-2007, 09:35 PM

where ya located Dr Andy??? i'm a lake county resident myself... NW Corner...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Tbone1187

The bugs arnt bad right now with this cold snap but I would bring a therma cell just incase we get some warm days. Where in the state are you going to hunt
I apologize, I don't know exactly where, as I am not from Wisconsin, but it is with Wisconsin Outdoor Adventures, http://www.huntandfishwisconsin.com and they live near Madison. Thanks for the info on the bugs. I hear it is supposed to be cool up there all week so hopefully that helps!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Bartender

U W Parkside?

Yes they are crazy out here in Western Kenosha County.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

I hunt near you,closer to the Dells, just off 16
Do you have property up here, or do you know some people? I know most all the land between Portage and the Dells is private.

And to answer FRALEY's question, I go to Carthage. And yes the mosquitos are getting bad down this area again too.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:48 AM
Bartender

Quick ? If I may, You ever hunt the public right by 33 and the I94 the east side next to that gas station?

Quick Reply: Mosquitos in Wisconsin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.