Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mosquitos in Wisconsin

Old 09-12-2007, 05:48 AM

Default RE: Mosquitos in Wisconsin

ORIGINAL: jsay

ORIGINAL: Tbone1187

The bugs arnt bad right now with this cold snap but I would bring a therma cell just incase we get some warm days. Where in the state are you going to hunt
I apologize, I don't know exactly where, as I am not from Wisconsin, but it is with Wisconsin Outdoor Adventures, http://www.huntandfishwisconsin.com and they live near Madison. Thanks for the info on the bugs. I hear it is supposed to be cool up there all week so hopefully that helps!
Madison is southcentral WI, and the bugs will be horrible there and mostanywhere else in southcentral WI right now too probably.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:52 AM
Bartender

Quick ? If I may, You ever hunt the public right by 33 and the I94 the east side next to that gas station?

Old 09-12-2007, 05:53 AM

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Quick ? If I may, You ever hunt the public right by 33 and the I94 the east side next to that gas station?
Ya actually I have, thatarea you're talking about and then on the other side of the interstate is called the Pine Island wildlife refuge.That whole area isjust crawling with deer, and there is a lot of land to hunt so it rocks for bow season. Gun season is generally a different story, too many people. Personally I like the section of Pine Island that is right off of Tritz Road. It's a bit of a forgotten spot and not to many people hunt any of it.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Bartender

Grand parents are about 1 1/2 to the eastthe woods bordering 39 and 33.(Northeast corner)
I have not hunted that public in at least 15 years. My step dad missed a nice buck last year during gun. I really screwed up there when I use to smoke cigerettes I was lighting one up and a huge 10 point came right out in front of me.

Also hunt down Highway U ton of deer.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:11 AM

Cool. There is a lot of big deer in there, and with the amount of land out there its great for bowhunting. When gun season rolls around it's elbow to elbow out on the main part of Pine Insland (right off 33 just as you leave Portage). That's why I hunt a different part of itnow.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:19 AM
Bartender

Stop in and see Unc Steve maybe he will let you hunt the farm.
Just tell him nephew Tony from the net you know or something.
Your college kid be creative lol j/k
Old 09-12-2007, 06:22 AM
Bartender

Heck now that I think about it with the trailer there and nobody really using it much you can crash there also.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:23 AM

Being creative takes too much energy, but thank you for the offer. Speaking of college, I have an 8am class this morning, well every morning really butIgotta get out of here soon.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:25 AM

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Heck now that I think about it with the trailer there and nobody really using it much you can crash there also.
LMAO. I'll throw a party with my hockey teammates

(The popcorn is just becauseyou need to have nutrition to party all night long)
Old 09-12-2007, 06:26 AM
Bartender

LOL, steve works night so you would be all set.
Just let me know what day so I can drive up I wouldnt miss this.

Quick Reply: Mosquitos in Wisconsin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.