Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another, found the odor thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Another, found the odor thread

Jmbuckhunter
I was thinking of you when i found this one, being you just posted a similar pic. I have found three dead deer due to blue tounge in the last two days, and six total now. This one is a 120's perfectly symetrical 10 point. The bummer is i just hung a stand last week about 400 yards from where i found this guy. Im pretty sure he is one of the bucks i watched in batchelor groups in the area

Old 09-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another, found the odor thread

[:'(][&:]Yup that is a nasty one too. I sure hope mine was from a bumper, and not bluetongue. I really do think he was hit by a car. Too much evidence pointing in that direction.

Hope there are a few left for ya Dan.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:44 PM

I'm not sure how ya'll can stand there long enough to take a picture......There would be vomit all over that deer if it were me....[:'(]

What a shame. Nature sure can be cruel at times.....
Old 09-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Strong stomach forged from years of trapping and skinning critters i guessHeck that was nothing, it got worse when i fired up the chainsaw and removed the skull cap [:'(]
ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I'm not sure how ya'll can stand there long enough to take a picture......There would be vomit all over that deer if it were me....[:'(]

Old 09-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just think, if it wasn't for technology it would be the same way with us. Just think of all those 3rd world countries that have no doctors around, fighting disease. It's rough man, it really is.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bloodcreek, ho can you tell that the deer you have found died of blue tongue? I'm not familiar with that disease, can you please elaborate on it?

Thanks
Old 09-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Strong stomach forged from years of trapping and skinning critters i guessHeck that was nothing, it got worse when i fired up the chainsaw and removed the skull cap [:'(]
I left mine out there so the critters can clean it up a little more before I attempt to salvege the antlers.

Hey Dan, You aren't gonna try and mount that one are ya?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Damn shame blood, real damn shame. I hope this is the last one from everybody. Not the posts, just finding any.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM

Dan, you are cut the antlers off that nasty thing??? Holy cow....You know, I drove through the great state of Indiana last month, and I could just tell.....Ya'll are a little off......[&:]
Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Could you imagine poking that guy with a knife and letting the air out of him? I could almost vomit thinking about that nice smelling air hitting you in the face [:'(][:'(][:'(]

Quick Reply: Another, found the odor thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.