Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

backyard archery

Old 09-10-2007, 08:33 PM

Default backyard archery

Anyone know where I can find out if it is legal for me to shoot in my backyard? I live in Keller, TX and I have been shooting in the backyard, but I have just recently been wondering if it is really legal as I saw one of my neighbors watching me recently.

Thanks,

Marty

Old 09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: backyard archery

Everything is legal in TX isn't it? Sorry, can't help you other than check your local ordinances. Do a Google or Yahoo search on your hometown/city.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:37 PM

I don't know about your town, but MOST of them around here have ordinances against it....If you live inside city limits......But that's not everywhere, I can think of a couple you can.

Like Rob said, do a search and try to find your local government page. Maybe you could send someone an email or something...
Old 09-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Call your township office and ake them about ordinance's , they should tell you .
Don't wait for some butt hole nighbor to see shooting from the roof of your garage and call the cop's on you. [:@]
Old 09-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I live in Burleson, and it's a statewide law you cannot shoot your bow in town... At least that is what the cop told me that caught me shooting in an open field. Ausie-Guy was told almost the same thing, he live in Burleson also.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:14 PM

What happened to you guys that got caught? Did they let you go with a warning?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:04 PM

I would certainly check with your city hall or with your municipal ordinance dept in yourcounty seat to find out. I practice just about year round here in rural South Texas and dont have a problem with neighbors. I shoot right off the patio.....

Old 09-10-2007, 10:51 PM

i live in denison texas an i shoot in the front yard of my girlfriends house everyday an the cops dont seem to mind an also the high school is right behind her house
Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mjhamel

What happened to you guys that got caught? Did they let you go with a warning?
Yea ... the cop that talk to me was a fellow bowhunter so he let me go on a warning.
I still practice in my backyard , I just don't shoot from the roof of my garage anymore.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot in my backyard in suburban Chicago. Neighbors don't care. As far as ordinances go most are worded that you cannot launch a projectile w/in city limits. It used to say firearms,but was changed to projectiles to encompass other weapons as well. Interestingly enough, if your ordinance is worded this way it is technically illegal to hit a baseball kick a soccer ball or play frisbee in your backyard.

Quick Reply: backyard archery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.