Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

backyard archery

Old 09-11-2007, 06:26 AM
Bartender

Default RE: backyard archery

LOL helped make my morning pal, long night of work.
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Everything is legal in TX isn't it? Sorry, can't help you other than check your local ordinances. Do a Google or Yahoo search on your hometown/city.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Thirty-some-odd years ago, I used to go over to the elementary school and shoot. Had a couple of hay bales and a big hillside as a backdrop -- used to shoot from left field of the baseball field up against the hill.

My, how times have changed!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:27 AM

HOLY MOLY.. Flashback @@ I lived in Watauga.. Went to Keller High School.

So how bad have the developed the area ?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:10 PM

My ordinace specifically states NO BOW AND ARROW. Further investigation revealed that HUNTING of any kind os forbidden. So if a deer walks into my back yard, I cant stick him?!?!?!?!?!?![:@]
Old 09-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I am glad that you brought up this issue as I had not thought about it before. Our town ordinance merely states:
ยง 94.22 SPORTS.
It shall be unlawful for any person to drive golf balls, fly motor planes, throw objects, practice archery or shooting, or to participate in other activities which are hazardous to others in any park or on any property owned, operated or controlled by the town; provided, the Town Council may set aside and designate places and specify the times and regulations for engaging in such activities.

I have sent an email to the town marshall asking him for clarification and/or any other ordinance that I may have missed.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:14 PM

Alot, time for me to move further out. I moved here in 2000 and I can't believe how much it has changed since then.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:19 PM

Thanks for everyone's reply. I contacted the city of keller police and was told that it is okay to practice in my backyard. Yeah. He also gave me a website that might be helpful to others. www.municode.com

I also have the officers name just incase someone complains and another officer tries to give me a citation