Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I screwed up.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default I screwed up.

I bought my first NY Resident hunting license since 1964. $68 dollars was a lot less than the $250 I've been paying as a non resident. So I get the regs and I'm reading. I could have had a free dang license. If you're more than 40 percent permanently disabled because of military service you get a freebie. Dang, I'm 50% and they're fixing to raise that because of my exposure to Agent Orange and elevated sugar count. Now that really does suck. I'm sure there's no provision for redo or give back. Well, all I have to do is live another year and I get a freebie.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I screwed up.

my grandfather was exposed to agent orange and said to have caused his diabetes also... that stuff didnt play around...
Old 09-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

You deserve every benefit you get. My daddy was a nam vet.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

See if you can use it as a tax write-off for your personal donation to the New York Game Comission
Old 09-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I bought my first NY Resident hunting license since 1964. $68 dollars was a lot less than the $250 I've been paying as a non resident. So I get the regs and I'm reading. I could have had a free dang license. If you're more than 40 percent permanently disabled because of military service you get a freebie. Dang, I'm 50% and they're fixing to raise that because of my exposure to Agent Orange and elevated sugar count. Now that really does suck. I'm sure there's no provision for redo or give back. Well, all I have to do is live another year and I get a freebie.
If it were up to me I'd give ALL veterans as well as ALLmembers of our armed forces free tags......

I've said it before David, thanks for your service to this country...it's much appreciated.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Agree with MOTOWN and BigJ. As much as it seems there are a lot of screwed up people in our country, there are quite a lot of us who really appreciate ALL of our current and past servicemen and women. Thanks, David. You old fart.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Bartender

They said all said it well, and I Thank You all.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Quite whinning, you have plenty of money, hell you got 2 houses[&:].
Old 09-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER!!!!!! On the license issue did you contact them they should refund you.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

David...from one NYer to another...at least it's going to a good cause! I hate giving this state any more money than they already get! I pay the $76.00 because I like to read the Conservationist magazine.

Quick Reply: I screwed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.