Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what if we had no MEAT

Old 09-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default what if we had no MEAT

When i started hunting at the age of 18 four years ago nov 15
it took only two days for me to have someone tell me hunting is wroung.

And i have not went a season without all the finger pointing and so on

from we do not feed and take care of wild game like we do cows so we should leave them be
to having some one tell me that it says in the bible that jesus was a vegatarien.

But were would we be if there were no animals to eat deer turkey fish cows so on .I would say some were between a monkey and a mop lol
and to me the only person who has the littles right to say hunting is wroung is someone who kills nothing living and that includeds plant and tofu
Old 09-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what if we had no MEAT

Ummm... I'm not really religious, but I don't recall anywhere in the bible about vegetarianism or that is wrong to kill animals. Maybe send a PM to Preacher Tony. As for people telling you it's wrong, check their shoes,If they're leather then they are hipocrites, someone had to kill that cow. I usually ignore those people unless I have time to kill and want to get into a verbal debate,but that in itself can be frustrating. Arguing with a vegetarian is like wrestling with a pig, you both get filthy,and the pig likes it!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Life without meat ,uuuuuummmmm ...somehow bowhunting potatoes , tomatoes and cabbage does'nt seem the same .

Man has eaten meat for as long asman has been around , why change it . Pulling a plants head off to eat it , thats wrong too is it ???. Just a thought .

Dave
Old 09-10-2007, 02:18 PM

i've always had a problem with it from an evolutionary standpoint... humans are omnivores, not herbivores, not carnivores, omnivores... meaning we possess the physcial capability to eat both meat and plant life... it is part of our genetics, many vegetarians won't admit that there are certain proteins in their diets that simply have not yet been able to be sythesized (not that i'm advocating that they should be) and are required for good health... just like we can't simply exist purely on meat alone without suffering negative side effects (you ever seen a true vegetarian that actually "looked" healthy??) our body chemistry requires both, to deny the evolution of the human species is, imho, unethical/immoral...

now, people that wig out on ya for hunting, well, there's simply no helping those folks... they belong on the side lines with PETA and when they quit using leather upholstered lexus' and toyota prius' and start actually contributing to the maintenance of the wildlife in this country then their opinions MIGHT actually hold a little weight... but as it sits hunters, fishermen, and other outdoorsman are the ones that provide almost all the revenue for maintaining our wildlife and making sure it is a source of pride for this country...
Old 09-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recall a little episode of breaking bread and fish?????
Old 09-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

WhenI started hunting at the age of 18 four years ago Nov 15.
It took only two days for me to have someone tell me hunting is wrong,
andI haven't went a season without all the finger pointing and so on.

From "we do not feed and take care of wild game like we do cows so we should leave them be" to having some one tell me "that it says in the bible that Jesus was a vegetarian."

But where would we be if there were no animals to eat deer, turkey, fish, cows, and so on? I would say some where between a monkey and a mop lol and to me the only person who has the littles right to say hunting is wrong is someone who kills nothing living and that includes plants and tofu
Here it is easier to read now. Not trying to pick on you, it's that it took me five minutes to read it. I'm not trying to be mean, I promise. It is just a pet peeve of mine (English Minor)
Old 09-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

WhenI started hunting at the age of 18 four years ago Nov 15.
It took only two days for me to have someone tell me hunting is wrong,
andI haven't went a season without all the finger pointing and so on.

From "we do not feed and take care of wild game like we do cows so we should leave them be" to having some one tell me "that it says in the bible that Jesus was a vegetarian."

But where would we be if there were no animals to eat deer, turkey, fish, cows, and so on? I would say some where between a monkey and a mop lol and to me the only person who has the littles right to say hunting is wrong is someone who kills nothing living and that includes plants and tofu
Here it is easier to read now. Not trying to pick on you, it's that it took me five minutes to read it. I'm not trying to be mean, I promise. It is just a pet peeve of mine (English Minor)
lol thats ok i know i have grammer i must have sleep through one two many classes
Old 09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just had my first run in with an anti the other day at a party. She was a classmate of mine and when I asked her why she was a member of PETA she never did give me a solid answer. She was just like well when I went to this arts college all my friends were vegans and stuff.... LAME! oh well Like someone said earlier arguing with them can be frustrating. Too bad too, she was/is nice.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol thats ok i know i have grammer i must have sleep through one two many classes
You could probably run circles around me in math. That stuff is frustrating as all get out.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jesus ate meat , and so do monkies , like me . Monkies realy do eat meat .

Quick Reply: what if we had no MEAT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.